Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Hello from Southern Indiana

Hello,
I recently purchased a Jayco 264BHW camper and have already taken it out on a short trip. Before this camper I had a 2003 Jayco 12SD pop up camper. We had it for many years and had a blast in it. The new camper is obviously much more amenities and so far we are enjoying it although I miss my pup.

I'm looking forward to chatting with fello Jayco owners
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #2

Congrats and welcome to JOF from Northeast Ohio. Every get up to Pokegon? We usually camp there in the late fall.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #3

Welcome from south central Indiana. Great Forum here with plenty of info.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #4

Congratulations on the the TT and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:38 AM   #5

Welcome.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:30 AM   #6

Welcome to the JOF!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:36 AM   #7

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:51 AM   #8

Thanks for the warm welcome!
heady, I have never been to Pokegon. I normally do trips about 1 to 2 hours away due to limited amounts of time off. My trips are about 3-4 days max. I'll check it out online. Any particular campground you recommend?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #9
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #10

Welcome from King George VA... All of my family is from Southern Illinois as well... Dad is from the infamous HORSECREEK country just to the west of you. Horsecreek runs thru NE Jefferson County... I was born in Bonnie ILL

Since you have mentioned the PUP which is all I have here on the road I guess you have found all of the good places to camp around the lakes in Southern Ill and KY areas... Those areas full of great get away sites... Rend Lake gobbled up all of my childhood running around places on Casey Creek.

Being an avid tent camper in my early years I never really migrated beyond the OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer. Tried the bigger trailers once but there it sits lined up with the woods in my back yard here...

Welcome aboard...

OOPS - Just read you said JEFFERSONVILLE IND.. We have one too close to where I am from haha... We have a Mount Vernon just like you guys do to haha... I think Ind has two Mount Vernon's... Sorry bout the Chief...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #11

Hey Roy, thanks for the great info on some camping spots a lil further from me ��
Honestly, I Miss my pup and really don't consider the TT an "upgrade" as some call it. Some of my fondest camping memories were in my pop up. Like you I am a tent camper from waaaay back. As I get a little older, the comfortable bed, furnace and whatnot do make things easier.

Happy Camping!
Old 03-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #12

Here is my old pup...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 03-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflyboym View Post
I Miss my pup and really don't consider the TT an "upgrade" as some call it.

Happy Camping!
Time to take a deep breath and get comfortable with you're "upgrade". I too cut my camping teeth in a pop up but went TT when we retired 11 years ago and never looked back. If nothing else gets you there, a couple setups or tear downs in a driving rain will put a smile on your face when you look at your TT back there. Lets see; nice galley for the wife, comfortable salon when weather drives you inside, sleeping in a bed, and that bathroom in the middle of the night. You can still do campfires, sit around the picnic table grilling steaks, and
take hikes until you drop, but when you do drop it will be warm/cool and dry and you can even catch that night game.

PS; Bears have a tougher time getting into bed with you in a TT. Ask me how I know.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #14

Welcome from Colorado

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:29 AM   #15

BASSDOGs - Heck we did all of that in our tent days haha... OZARK came out with the fold up bed with air mattress pouch in it... We always used two of the twin size like shown here and strapped the legs together if we want the queen size setup..

Our three room tent has the full length room up front and then two small rooms to the back - one back room was the two twin beds and the other back room become the catch-all room.

All the comforts of home... Johnny Carson every night...

Thought I had a better inside photo of one of our tents - wasn't handy but did find this one...

We have had a couple of close-by bears - throw a loaf of bread real far away from the camp site and run for truck haha... The real off-road tent campers all carry the ranger approved UDAP Bear Spray cannister...

Of course some bears are friendly - They just want a cup of coffee and catch up on the latest gossip...

Roy Ken

2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
Old 03-26-2016, 05:04 AM   #16

Fort Wayne here waiting on a 28.5 RSTS should be here 1 week of april, This will be our third Jayco. Hope to see you at Pokagan, We also love Harrison Lake in your neck of the woods :-)
sobuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
BASSDOGs - Heck we did all of that in our tent days haha... OZARK came out with the fold up bed with air mattress pouch in it... We always used two of the twin size like shown here and strapped the legs together if we want the queen size setup..

Our three room tent has the full length room up front and then two small rooms to the back - one back room was the two twin beds and the other back room become the catch-all room.

All the comforts of home... Johnny Carson every night...

Thought I had a better inside photo of one of our tents - wasn't handy but did find this one...

We have had a couple of close-by bears - throw a loaf of bread real far away from the camp site and run for truck haha... The real off-road tent campers all carry the ranger approved UDAP Bear Spray cannister...

Of course some bears are friendly - They just want a cup of coffee and catch up on the latest gossip...

Roy Ken
Nice tent site but still missing that part about heat/AC, flush toilet, full galley and 43" flat screen. Will never bad mouth tenting, but like I said when I pull in and that storm is at the edge of the CG, I'm real glad I have the White Hawk in tow. Packed down our Coleman pop-up many times in the wet only to have to put it up again at home to dry out. Same with all that tenting gear after a damp weekend. When we were younger and poorer, we did with what we could afford and what fit our lifestyle. Call me a sell out, but now I want more and can afford it. That comfortable easy chair and a digital [just installed last week] tstat and the waves lapping up on the beach outside my large picture window and I'm feeling real good after another day of retirement in a nearly empty CG. Oops! Fish are jumping.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:16 AM   #18

Sorry for the upside down pic. Must be an Apple thing. Can't get it to flip��

Yes the amenities will be very nice and 10-4 on breaking down in the rain��
Old 03-26-2016, 07:17 AM   #19

No bear worries where I typically camp but raccoons are everywhere! Had one raid my tent one time.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #20

BASSDOGs - I guess I got brain washed some back in my early days. Used to tent camp alot and was always doing the Jeep trails all around the Arizona High Country.

Now that we have all the modern stuff like air conditioning etc we really don't use them all that much... Both us would just rather sit out under the awning and watch the foot traffic at the camp grounds or get off to ourself somewhere in the high country and enjoy the wood's sounds...

We tried the bigger trailer for awhile and thought we might do some RV TRAVELING but eventually it got parked and now all we use is the off-road POPUP camper. Virginia has alot of great back off the trail camping and all up and down the Blue Ridge parkway is fun. Gatlinburg TN and Smokys is also alot of fun for us. We really like the high county camping in the VA-NC-TN-GA-AL areas.

We actually still do some tent camping... One place near here called SHERANDO LAKE is a perfect tent camping setup around a hugh lake. My OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer looks right at home there nestled back in the woods abit sitting next to my tent setup haha...

Just our cup of tea I reckon...

Roy Ken