Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

I'm Aboard Now Let's Get Started!!

Just bought a new 2018 264bh last weekend of June. First time out was less than a week later over 4th of July holiday. Set up in the HOT weather, went in the air conditioned trailer to cool off and thought I may as well try out the shower and get the stink off of me......Water heater would not ignite!! Ok Im on the phone with the dealer service dept. We can not get it to light.....ok, we'll take it in next week and use the campground showers for now. Then a thunderstorm rolls in. I roll in the awning as a good precaution and I am laying in the bottom bunk with one of my dogs when BAM BAM. Lighting hits and the trailer lights up like it's 4th of July inside our trailer. After coming to our senses we realize the A/C is not running. It's getting hot in there. I check the breakers. All appear well. Finally go outside to the shore power and all is well there.....camper next to us saw it all. He was looking out his RV window and saw lightning strike a small tree next to us and then it arced over to our shore power pole. Anyway, we are done, fried all the electronics in our less than a week old trailer! Take it to the dealer the following Monday and we are without it for about 5 weeks. YES, we did have insurance in effect and all but our $250 deductible was taken care of. Top that one for me!
Greg/Janet.
Greg/Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #2

Well welcome anyway.
But please don't camp next to me.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

Welcome aboard. Shoulda had an EMS.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg/Janet View Post
Just bought a new 2018 264bh last weekend of June. First time out was less than a week later over 4th of July holiday. Set up in the HOT weather, went in the air conditioned trailer to cool off and thought I may as well try out the shower and get the stink off of me......Water heater would not ignite!! Ok Im on the phone with the dealer service dept. We can not get it to light.....ok, we'll take it in next week and use the campground showers for now. Then a thunderstorm rolls in. I roll in the awning as a good precaution and I am laying in the bottom bunk with one of my dogs when BAM BAM. Lighting hits and the trailer lights up like it's 4th of July inside our trailer. After coming to our senses we realize the A/C is not running. It's getting hot in there. I check the breakers. All appear well. Finally go outside to the shore power and all is well there.....camper next to us saw it all. He was looking out his RV window and saw lightning strike a small tree next to us and then it arced over to our shore power pole. Anyway, we are done, fried all the electronics in our less than a week old trailer! Take it to the dealer the following Monday and we are without it for about 5 weeks. YES, we did have insurance in effect and all but our $250 deductible was taken care of. Top that one for me!
Greg/Janet.
Welcome to Jayco Owners, we are glad you joined us.
You already have one camping story to last a lifetime.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Welcome aboard. Shoulda had an EMS.

X2 and water pressure regulator, 1st things you connect, always.

Happy Camping !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 PM   #6

Welcome! I'm sure better trips to come.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #7
Site Team

Greg/Janet.

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Wow!!!! What an introduction to RVing. Hopefully, you are finished with the unwelcome adventures and can start making some GREAT memories.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 PM   #8

10/10 campfire story!!
Brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #9

Welcome to JOF. I guess it’s good to get all that behind you early. Enjoy the rest of the season.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote