Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

New 2018 Featherlight

Bought our trailer Aug 2017 and have had non stop problems with it. Has anyone else had everything go wrong with theirs? This is not a joke and i am not a happy Jayco Owner. Does anyone have advice.

Ourjourneyintow.com is our blog

1.Refrigerator vent was not sealed and 1st rain we got leaked all through back pantry wall and floor.

2.Fresh water fill, hose clamp was not sealed and first fill up flooded the back cabinets. Pulling out the stove to fix the issue, noticed the worlds largest rats-nest of wiring. So poor.

3.Every water connection leaked like a stuck pig, we took it back to camping world. After they said they fixed it, once we got home and hooked it up they did not fix anything. it leaked worse than before.

4. Slide out was about 3/4" off to the left and chewed up all weather stripping on the slide.

5. Water heater goes out not once but twice within 3 months. Circuit board was bad.

6. Awning hydraulic arms are not working correctly and need to be fixed, awning does not open equally. Also left speaker on awning stopped working due to poor quality product they use. wires not long enough to stay connected.

7. Front pass through storage cabinet is all bent and was installed poorly.
2018Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Team

I normally congratulate the new owners on their purchase. I will hold off on that part of my response until you are all squared away.

The very FIRST thing you need to do is send JAYCO the post you made here. Word for word. Send it to service@jayco.com with your VIN and where you purchased/repaired dealer. This way you are on record with JAYCO with all your issues, well if you have anymore add them to the list also. Then ASK THEM How you need to proceed with these issues and how they will assist in getting the repairs done properly, in one visit!

Next when you take the TT in for repairs again.
- Have them hook up the TT to city water.
- Have them fill all the tanks with water and check for leaks before/after the repairs have been completed.
- Make them also run the 12Volt water pump.
- Make them heat up the water.
- Make them put the awning in and out a few times to ensure they see the issue before and verify the issue is resolved.
- As for the slide, show them the gasket and the issue
- Run the AC
- Run the central heat

- Just look at one of the sheets that are posted here as a check list and make them run through the entire list

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #3

Don,

Thanks for the reply. All the issues have been fixed except for the new circuit board water heater issue and awning. These two just happened while we have been up north. Most rv dealerships are so busy and weeks out. I can fix both, but it is under warranty and such a hassle to go through Jayco and we bought it BRAND NEW so i kinda dont want to have to fix it yet.
2018Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
Site Team

We had a few issues that needed warranty work. The biggest being the dark front cap oxidizing from the top down, this is an industry wide issue. They paid to sand it down to the fiberglass and paint it the same color as the light sides. Painting it the lighter color was the best thing we did, as the front cap temperature dropped from the 200+ degree temps in the sun to 119 degrees. Cooler inside front bedroom. The other things were the PVC drain valves, 3 out of 4 went bad in less than 6 months, supplier issue. And the slide out window had to be replaced, the window mfr issue (Leaked in heavy rain).

I still consider myself lucky.

Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018Jayco View Post
Don,

Thanks for the reply. All the issues have been fixed except for the new circuit board water heater issue and awning. These two just happened while we have been up north.

I'm very glad to see your early issues were resolved. What is the plan to get the remaining two items ironed out?
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote