Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

Author Titles?

Introduced someone to the forum. The question came up, what do the titles actually mean? Site Director, Moderater, Moderator Emeritus, Senior Member, Junior Member, etc. Who controls the "site." The site is awesome, this is a curiosity question, nothing more. I thought I knew some of the answers but was just guessing.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:28 AM   #2
Site Team

Good question. The site team consists of administrators and moderators. We interact with members and handle site management issues as they arise.
Moderators are the first line, we monitor the board and make sure the "Community Rules are adheared to by members. If we have questions that we can't resolve we consult the administrators who are higher on the food chain than moderators. Tech Support can be contacted via the "contact us" link on the bottom of each page by anyone and any moderator can help also. Contact them by pm. Click "view forum leaders"
for a list. The "FAQ" link on the title block may also be helpful to members. Moderators are active members who are asked to serve by admin until they no longer want to volunteer for some reason.
Titles are just to identify who you are. Site team members names are highlighted, (great honor) and identified. A new member is just that, when his/her posts reach a certain number they are automatically elevated to the senior member title.

This site is part of a network of specialty companies called Social Knowledge Networks. Look it up and may find that you already participate in some other sites that are also part of this network.

Our site rules are listed in the "Forum Admin and Announcements " section of the forum.

Hope this helps some. Thanks for telling others about this forum. We dedicate many hours for the enjoyment of keeping it a great forum.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #3

Thanks, I will keep this one on file. My "newbie" friend laughed when I sent this, told me I "knew a lot." Told him all I need to know is who to follow on the site. Thanks for all your great contributions! I continue to learn a lot from you.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
Site Team

If you look at the bottom of every page there is a explanation of a lot of this in the TERMS OF SERVICE area and COMMUNITY RULES area
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 09-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Site Team

These member titles (new, junior, senior, etc) are arbitrarily assigned and have entirely to do with your post count. They are sort of boring, imo. We could change these is someone had a great idea for replacements...

Jonesing for Jayco
Jayco Jockey
Jayco Junketeer
Jayco Journey King

Wants to camp
New Camper
Seasoned Camper
Camper Extrodinaire

You get the idea.....

Suggestions?
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:14 AM   #6
Site Team

I like the 2nd option. I don't know why but people always wonder about the junior /Senior thing?
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 09-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #7

Norty and Janet: Janet, I like the idea but there is something that I think you and Norty are missing. I am relatively knew to RV'ing and know to ask those who have actual experience relevant questions. The titles provide the newer members with at least some guidance as to whom to "listen to." Norty, OldmanAZ, etc. are the sages of the site. But when you see a junior member you automatically question their "answers," such as the one that referred to a "YouTube" video that recommended you use an entire tube of grease when greasing your wheel bearings. While I understand that "posts' might be a arbitrary way; I would think that if one provided misinformation they would no longer feel welcome on the site. Some ideas might be to include years of RV'ing in the title, or, expertise in an area (self selected). FYI, I only brought up the subject because I was introducing someone to the site and they asked.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Site Team

On the other hand, a "junior member" may have a bazillion years of experience, but maybe just became aware of the JOF, through friends, or a Jayco purchase, etc. Personally, I don't belong to any other forum, and find the diversity of thoughts and opinions here very helpful, and educating. It's great how different folks come up with ideas, or solutions to try, that I'd never thought of. Kinda like a brainstorming group. Our TT isn't as fancy or as complicated as some, so if I don't have first hand knowledge of the system in question, I "check" to the ones that do. If I come up with an educated guess on something, I'll throw it out in the "for what it's worth" department, and hope it may help. All this ^^, and $5 gets ya a cup of coffee somewhere. It was nice being a "junior" for a while, as I'm a "senior" in real life!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:34 PM   #9

Amen to being a Senior! That's why we have so much time on the forum these days. I understand and agree with your sentiment. These past few months I continue to recruit people to the forum and if they ask questions or suggest something I pass it along. That is actually how this thread got started; someone that I was "touring" the forum with asked about the titles and I didn't know the answer.