Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2020, 08:12 AM   #1

Edit Signature Entry Does Not Show Up

User CP
Edit Signature
Enter signature information
Save Signature

I follow the above steps but nothing appears in my Posts as my signature.

Help please. Thank you.

Camp4two
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #2

Oops it now appears. I will re-edit my signature. Sorry.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #3

As a note, signatures do not appear if someone is viewing the forum using an iPhone.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
As a note, signatures do not appear if someone is viewing the forum using an iPhone.
I appreciate knowing that, thank you.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:24 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
You must have something set, Dave, like Mobile View (look at the bottom left corner of a JOF webpage to see what view you're currently in and change if desired), to cause signatures not to appear. All my iOS mobile devices are set to Jayco Owners view and use Safari as the web browser. They display identical to the way they display on my Windows 10 device.

I had an Android device that used Google Chrome as its browser and when set to Jayco Owners view, it displayed everything correctly too.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
You must have something set, Dave, like Mobile View (look at the bottom left corner of a JOF webpage to see what view you're currently in and change if desired), to cause signatures not to appear. All my iOS mobile devices are set to Jayco Owners view and use Safari as the web browser. They display identical to the way they display on my Windows 10 device.

I had an Android device that used Google Chrome as its browser and when set to Jayco Owners view, it displayed everything correctly too.
Yes I am in mobile view on the iPhone and will not go to full web view because when I do the site is the equivalent of a full black tank ( looks and reacts like crap).

I’ll stay in Mobile unless I am on my iPad or MacBook Pro.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Yes I am in mobile view on the iPhone and will not go to full web view because when I do the site is the equivalent of a full black tank ( looks and reacts like crap).

I’ll stay in Mobile unless I am on my iPad or MacBook Pro.
That's too bad. The two iPhones I use is a 5s and SE (Legacy) and my DW has an iPad (2018) and an iPhone SE (2020). Viewing JOF on the iPhones is tiny, even in landscape, and I do the majority of my cussing anytime I use them. However, they sure beat trying to get a Window 10 computer in your pocket. Besides, I can't seem to find an extension cord long enough to plug everything into.

I am a bit puzzled, though, about the performance. My iOS devices are used as my Wi-Fi hotspot for the Windows 10 computer as there's nothing like a Comcast or Verizon FiOS here. I must be easy to please as I'm quite satisfied with the speed whether it be on Windows 10 or an iOS device.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
That's too bad. The two iPhones I use is a 5s and SE (Legacy) and my DW has an iPad (2018) and an iPhone SE (2020). Viewing JOF on the iPhones is tiny, even in landscape, and I do the majority of my cussing anytime I use them. However, they sure beat trying to get a Window 10 computer in your pocket. Besides, I can't seem to find an extension cord long enough to plug everything into.

I am a bit puzzled, though, about the performance. My iOS devices are used as my Wi-Fi hotspot for the Windows 10 computer as there's nothing like a Comcast or Verizon FiOS here. I must be easy to please as I'm quite satisfied with the speed whether it be on Windows 10 or an iOS device.
JOF views fine on my iPhone in Mobile mode. When I go into full web view is when it sucks. I’m using an iPhone 8
Old 08-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
JOF views fine on my iPhone in Mobile mode. When I go into full web view is when it sucks. I’m using an iPhone 8
As a moderator on JOF, I could never use Mobile view because I need to see everything. Mobile view is literally a "slimmed down" version of the Jayco Owners view and lacks some of its features and fields. However, for those with limited data plans and/or slow Internet service, it can provide improved speed and reduce the amount of data being sent over the Internet.

I can tolerate the DW's iPad when I use it, but as for all our iPhones go, their heat sensitive keyboards are terrible compared to a "regulation sized" keyboard and a "real" mouse. I spend more time correcting typing errors on these mobile devices than being productive because there is no "feel" to the keyboards, making it so easy to "press" the wrong key(s). To overcome this annoyance, I connect a Bluetooth keyboard, and gain back a lot of productivity, plus a number of function keys that are missing on an iOS keyboard. Its biggest drawback is the lack of a number pad, but I can live with that.