Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
And a further 'scam' regarding vehicles is getting them 'successfully' re-registered in the buyer's name. In California, it is suggested [1] do the cash/cashier's check at your bank branch closest to the DMV and [2] finish the transaction at the DMV or AAA office where you transition the registration. Advance warning to the purchaser of both of these requirements tend to scare-off non-legit purchasers. Eons ago we did a private sale of a car but didn't do the DMV portion and sure-enough they got a citation (could have been an accident just as easily) ... we were the registered owners of record until we provided photocopies of our signed-over pink slip and bank transaction details.
Hi, that's why in Calif you should always file a 'Release of Liability' form with DMV dated the day of the sale. This way you will not be responsible for ant accidents or citations after the sale.

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Several years ago we converted our sticks and bricks home phone to a VOIP phone on the Callcentric system. It is a lot cheaper than regular phone service, and gives many call screening choices. For example, only phone calls from numbers we have approved can cause our phone to ring. Others get a message to press a number to leave a voice mail for us. If the number is not pressed - therefore a robo call - the call is disconnected without a message. When we get a voicemail, we get an e-mail alert and a SMS (cell phone text) alert.

We get almost no crap calls now; and if a crap call gets through, we can very easily block that particular number.
We have the very same options with our Ooma VOIP service, love it, no more robo calls.

Retired
1982 Fleetwood 32 'A'
2001 Fleetwood 29V 'C'
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
Hi, that's why in Calif you should always file a 'Release of Liability' form with DMV dated the day of the sale. This way you will not be responsible for ant accidents or citations after the sale.
Absolutely - and have always done that, BUT it doesn't always keep you free "of the process" so it just closes all loops when the deal is closed at the DMV.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #14

All scams. I have never had a retailer ask me for money up front on a consignment sale. The person claiming to be stationed overseas is probably also a fraud. I had a guy try the same thing on me and when I told him to look me up and contact me via AKO mail (the Army's internal e-mail service) I suddenly stopped hearing from him.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #15

I do the emails through craigslist initially to make sure they sound legit. In my ad, I also add that I will only deal in person.

Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote