Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2016, 02:02 PM   #11
Site Team

You have a great cart at a great price. In my opinion, Club Cars with their aluminum undercarriage is the best you can buy. I bought a 2005 DS model with a gas engine since I leave mine in a cart locker at a Golf and RV membership site. The site is very large with hills and numerous trails, so the gas has the power and since its left there nearly year round, the gas just made more sense than having to recharge the batteries. I do wish I had the quietness of an electric cart though. I put a rear seat on mine like yours, but added a removable bar with the golf cart bag attachments so I can also use it on the course. You will enjoy it as we have done so with ours.

dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #12

Been working fairly regularly on the cart this week. Installed new HD rear leaf springs to help carry passengers better. Installed all new seats and re-installed the roof after getting it back from having it Rhino-lined. Made a little progress on the electrical as well by mocking up my new dash switch and battery meter. Also wired in the power converter and fuse block for the lights and accessories. Backside of the dash area pretty much looks like a disaster zone, but it will all dress up nicely with some wire loom before installing the finished decorative dash cover. I'll be back with more pics as progress continues.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #13
Site Team

SparkDr, they are really fun to work on and customize. I have put plenty of add on's on mine. Fixing to add a gearshift and do my annual tuneup on the motor but thinking about a new colored body and 3" lift kit. That's about as high as I want to go since the g-kids regularly pilot the cart. Keep the pics coming.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #14

Dash is done!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0371.jpg  

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote