Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #71
Site Team

I use the search functions on Google and others. It is very frustrating for me because I get off track so easily, I'll click on something that comes up on a search that has nothing to do with what I am looking for. Next thing I am off on a tangent and can't even remember what I started looking for.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
I sure hope I never came off that way. I can't seem to use the search feature on my Kindle so I know on occasion I've suggested that folks search for the topic (since I can't provide a link myself).
I do still come here to read everyone's experiences and troubles. Great, friendly place.
To update my post, I've since installed Firefox on my Kindle and the search feature works. The browser that comes installed on the Kindle is called Silk, and it ain't exactly smooth. Silk would never let me input anything in the search box, would just close the box everytime.

2013 Eagle 29.5RKS
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I use the search functions on Google and others. It is very frustrating for me because I get off track so easily, I'll click on something that comes up on a search that has nothing to do with what I am looking for. Next thing I am off on a tangent and can't even remember what I started looking for.

+1 for me on that one! Sometimes it's half the fun of the internet. Sometimes I actually seek those tangents so I can discover something new. But when I'm looking for something specific, I get the same kind of distracted you do, and an hour or two later, I just turn off my iPad and try to remember what I was doing! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
To update my post, I've since installed Firefox on my Kindle and the search feature works. The browser that comes installed on the Kindle is called Silk, and it ain't exactly smooth. Silk would never let me input anything in the search box, would just close the box everytime.
The Silk browser is a total piece of crap IMO. It's one of the primary reasons I bought an iPad in the first place. I had a 1st gen Kindle Fire; while it was a GREAT e-reader, and decent web surfer, I wanted more capabilities, better surfing and more memory, so I went to an iPad mini.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #74

Forums that help others enjoy camping through sharing information and experiences is something amazing all by itself. Information is an instant thing today.
The issue of "already answered" assumes that these older threads have the best possible answers and all you need to do is search and read. If that were true I would agree with the suggestion to do a search. But as all information contained on forums all over the internet, some of it's useful, some not and some is even dangerous.

I am one that is not likely to tell someone to search a forum for their answer. I would rather understand their ability to use information through talking with them even if it's been talked about over and over again.

But I do my very best to be as nice to other people as they are nice to me.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post

+2. (sort of). I started out today by signing in so I could add a comment to the gal worried about camping with a young one. My comment disappeared when I tried to post it (I do know that I should have copied it first "just in case"), x'd out when that happened and JOF took me back to the "thank you for logging in" screen lol. Somehow ended up spending a half hour reading this topic. Seriously, this forum has been so helpful - guess I've missed the posts where someone was rude or unhelpful.
MzLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #76

Janet H - thank you for the custom Google search! I've been a frustrated searcher here too - this will help.
MzLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #77

Stop right now. No one ask anything or post anything. There is a chance it was already asked or posted. So say good bye to JOF.

Come on. Questions and posts is what runs a forum based community and what continues it moving forward. People should feel free to ask anything they have a question about. If it was already answered then provide the answer as though you thought of it or post a link to the answer. If it gets asked hundreds of times a month then there should be a stickie with the answer.

From one forum owner to another, one thing that will run off new memberships faster than email spam is the snotty "Use the Search function" answer.

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 AM   #78

Tone changing? Yes, occasionally when comments aren't acted-upon or are challenged ... it is taken personally. Collaborating with others in a virtual environment takes special skills and extra effort to be successful; when you can't see facial expressions, appreciate cultural differences, or understand what 'history' is driving the opinions of others ~ misunderstandings arise and postings pick-up a negative tone. It is great to share "war stories" whereas it isn't so great to lecture others ... and it becomes a special risk if it involves Newbies for we don't want to chase them away from the Jayco family and forum! A challenge for all of us - proactively do what we can to return negative threads back to a positive tone.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #79

I'm sure a lot of us have visited other forums out there, and I have to say this one is by far, the most friendly and helpful of ANY of them. Just my .02.
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #80

Much Thanks to the Polite members.. However, you are right about people being rude. there are people who don't seem to have much respect for themselves let alone anyone else. And its getting worse!

michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote