Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 07:47 PM   #1

Karma, or just luck?

So, as I posted before, I suffered 8 inches of water in the basement due to an 8.25" rain overnight a couple weeks ago. I wish a mess like this on NO ONE.

I've got a full wood shop in the basement and luckily, I think the only damaged equipment I have is a nice Bosch Plunge / Fixed router that was in the case on the floor - water went in, water went out - but leaves behind rusted bearings.

My dust collector is mounted up on the wall, and i don't leave any other equipment on the floor. Lots of lost lumber (sheet goods mostly) that were stacked against a wall, but that's minimal. We managed to keep the water @ that 8 inches max, had it come up another 2-3, the motor for the boiler would of gotten wet - and that would of sucked.

As for the exercise / spare bedroom room - carpet and padding - toast. Sheetrock / baseboards - toast. Insulation in walls - toast. Mattress/box springs - toast. Peloton power supply - toast (Peloton was otherwise fine, thank goodness).

Bathroom - walls suffered the same as the exercise room. Oddly, the base cabinet for the sink remains un-warped with no water damage visible.

Storage closet / under the stairs - same wall damage.

Now, some will call me lazy, others will understand - but we have a litter robot, yes, one of them big ball looking things that actually rotates and dumps out the clumped litter every time the cat uses the thing. Expensive? very. Convenient? Eh, cleaning a litter box isn't that hard. But, throw a cat into the mix that's simply a B***H, and you'll end up with her letting you know you were gone for a few days by leaving you a wet spot on your bed.... It came down to a Litter Robot or a new cat according to my wife. I didn't win - so the litter robot got ordered.

The Litter Robot was half floating.... listing to one side...and looking pretty pathetic after the flood. I dumped / dried it out. The power supply was toast but I had the wall cube from some other outdated gizmo over the years that was the right voltage / current rating and I plugged it in after installing the correct end. As far as I could tell, everything functioned except there was a flickering in the power LED on the main control board. So, I went to the manufacture's website and threw a power supply into the shopping cart and tried to do the same with the control board. I was ready to buy, but got stuck with not knowing for certain if I needed this board or that one - and thus, needed to get some assistance. It was a Sunday, so I fired off a "contact form" from their site explaining that our Litter box had just suffered a flood and that I had gotten everything back online, less a flickering power LED and wanted their guidance on which board to buy.

A couple days goes by, and I got an e-mail asking for the "routine service request" of front, back, and serial number photos. I obliged with the attachments in my return e-mail. That night, I got an e-mail back stating that our unit was still in warranty and that they would be shipping an entirely new unit out to us at no cost! i was literally dumbfounded. I kinda felt like -there's no way this will actually happen.... but, low and behold, it arrived today. Also in that email stating a replacement unit was in route, was the instructions that we could do whatever we liked with our original unit - retire it, or continue to use it, but if we chose the latter, there would be no warranty associated with the old one, as that warranty was being transferred to the new one.

So.. in today's world, most companies wouldn't replace your item due to a flood EVEN if you begged them to. This company however, replaced mine without me even asking. I only asked for guidance on which board to buy. I gotta say, that's some EXCEPTIONAL customer service.

I would put a link to the litter-bot I now have 2 of, but I don't want to be accused of promoting a company as I don't know if that's against forum rules. I know many forums I belong to will delete a post if you do that.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, by your description of the experience you've had with that company, I think we can eliminate that you aren't the owner, sell their product, or are affiliated with them. There are a lot of kitty cat owners here, so feel free to post a link to them. I'm sure some members might want to take a look at it knowing they care about their customers that much.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote