Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #11

I am sentimental... I was sad to sell my motorcycle when my first child was born. My wife actually cried a little bit. I bought that motorcycle when I got my first job. The wife and I loved taking rides on that before we got married and even the first years of our marriage. It was sad to so it go.

We sold our first trailer late last fall to make room and provide a down payment for our new trailer. It was sad to see that go. We had a lot of fun times in that trailer, took it all up and down the east coast and saw a lot of great places. It took us out of a lot of cold, snowy winters to go down to Florida for a couple weeks. When we got pregnant with kid #2, we knew we had outgrown our little 22 foot, non slide, one bed and one couch trailer. I still miss it some.

Its ridiculous how attached you can get to an inanimate object...

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #12

Feb 1978 ordered a brand new Jeep J-20 3/4 ton pickeup while I was stationed in Germany. May of that year picked it up and keep it until Dec 2012. Did a lot of work and had some great times.

2011 jayco 33rlds, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2008 Suzuki sx-4, hers. Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I am sentimental... I was sad to sell my motorcycle when my first child was born. My wife actually cried a little bit. I bought that motorcycle when I got my first job. The wife and I loved taking rides on that before we got married and even the first years of our marriage. It was sad to so it go.

We sold our first trailer late last fall to make room and provide a down payment for our new trailer. It was sad to see that go. We had a lot of fun times in that trailer, took it all up and down the east coast and saw a lot of great places. It took us out of a lot of cold, snowy winters to go down to Florida for a couple weeks. When we got pregnant with kid #2, we knew we had outgrown our little 22 foot, non slide, one bed and one couch trailer. I still miss it some.

Its ridiculous how attached you can get to an inanimate object...
+1

I actually shed a small tear back in May when I traded my GMC on my new RAM. That's the truck I brought my first newborn son home in. Lots of great memories, and I loved that truck, even though it was with us less than 3 short years...

Looking forward to many great memories in the new truck though! Already have a few stacked up!

Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote