Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #31

It isn't a gadget, but a badge or button.
It belonged to my mother-in-law, who introduced my wife (as a young girl) and me (when I began dating her daughter) to trailer camping. Although my mother-in-law is now gone (too soon to cancer), whenever I think of that badge it is like she is with us.

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #32

I dont know if its a camping item, but my quad-copter drone, i got over 2 grand in it and takes some awsome family pics, and awsome video of surrounding nature.
https://youtu.be/uwASmf1ODUg
One of my videos of Battleship Texas , and the Mounument where Texas won its Independence.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I'm mainly with Mike and DocBrown on this one. Most of our regular gear lives in the trailer full time. But if for some reason there's something that's found its way out and not back in, I'm not too worried about it. Certainly not enough to turn the rig around to go get it. Unless maybe it's the coffee. Even then, we have a stove top percolator in addition to our mini Keurig in the trailer, so all I REALLY need is the coffee itself, and I can get that just about anywhere.

So, now as I've typed this, I've realized that my most prized camping gear is my coffee gear! No coffee is a definite show-stopper. Beyond that, I don't really need anything other than the trailer itself. Well, and the Visa card of course! If the original coffee gear (Keurig and percolator) is dysfunctional or missing, I will straight up drive to Wal-Mart (or wherever) and buy a Mr. Coffee. Without hesitation. And whoever is responsible for my coffee gear not being where it belongs is in some serious trouble.
that is an understatement I will drop trailer and head all the way home if needed to get coffee and the essentials
chuckerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #34

Our kids got us a portable ice maker for X-Mas and we used it for the first time this past week-end. It worked like a champ, even in 80+ degrees it kept making ice. And you can select what size cubes it makes, small, medium or large.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #35

Oxygenics Shower Head. Nothing worse than a cold shower during a Navy shower.

Yamaha generators to keep things cool at night so one can sleep.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #36
BCK

Propane campfire when the campfire bans are on. Nothing like sitting around a campfire in the evening... even if it does have to be a fake one.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Our kids got us a portable ice maker for X-Mas and we used it for the first time this past week-end. It worked like a champ, even in 80+ degrees it kept making ice. And you can select what size cubes it makes, small, medium or large.
We have had a counter top ice maker for some time. Started carrying it in the tt a few years back. We generally don't use it on short w/e trips, but long w/e trips and longer it is great.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:41 PM   #38

The first one would my co-pilot of forty years then her dog so she wouldn't be worried about her and be able to relax and enjoy the trip after that everything's pretty much loaded up and what ever was forgotten we can manage without it
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #39

Even though they stay in the TT, it wouldn't be camping without our C. Palmer mountain pie makers!! The whole family looks forward to making dessert (or anything else) over the campfire with them, and they are made right in West Newton, PA.

Nothing like those nice crispy crinkle sealed edges . Those who have one know what I mean.

The one I have was passed down to me from from my late father who was also an avid camper. I just bought both of my kids their very own this past Christmas for them to enjoy for many years to come.

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese Dual Cam HP WDH, Factory Brake Controller
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:57 AM   #40
fjd

I'm with buck on this one. I'd turn back around to pick up my darling wife if I forgot. If just to see the precious look on her face from the window as I pulled up out front. A look that only decades of marriage can form. Then start to pull away just as she was locking the front door. Gotta have some fun. Everything else you can buy along the way or make due. It's camping. If you try to buy a wife along the way....you're going to have a lot of explaining to do. Just sayin.

fjd is offline   Reply With Quote