Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDiane View Post
I really don't think this is a boneheaded moment, but my husband does.

I used to be in charge of draining the black and grey water tanks, but after forgetting to close the grey water valve twice, he has taken the job away from me. Now that's his job. So maybe this is a good thing?
She forgot to tell you, that I discovered the second forgetfulness when I went to hook-up at the end of our last camp outing. All I can say is, I'm glad the black valve was closed. :hihi:

Old 08-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #62

Not mine, but yesterday guy dumped his black on the ground :-(

While at the Dump station, he took the cap off and out came the black. He started cursing and swearing, suggesting his wife opened the valve on him.

I sat behind him giggling, and dreading the fact I was next in line ;-((

I did have my Wife help for the first time yesterday with the Dumping chore. She has a whole new appreciation for me now :-)!

Old 08-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #63

In a hurry to leave, I did not get the hitch on the ball all the way. Took off down the street, hit the first bump in the road and BANG!! The trailer fell to the road and I dragged it about ten feet. Luckily I was not going fast and it did no damage. I now lower trailer, lockhitch, and start raising vehicle to make sure it is properly latched.
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #64

Campground neighbor

New to camping, the guy next site complained about his bad tasting coffee. After some talking, we discover that his new RV was not dewinterized and he was making coffee with the RV antifreeze in his tank.
Campingcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #65
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingcouple View Post
New to camping, the guy next site complained about his bad tasting coffee. After some talking, we discover that his new RV was not dewinterized and he was making coffee with the RV antifreeze in his tank.
Yuck! That may qualify for the "nastiest RV moment" award!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #66
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
In a hurry to leave, I did not get the hitch on the ball all the way. Took off down the street, hit the first bump in the road and BANG!! The trailer fell to the road and I dragged it about ten feet. Luckily I was not going fast and it did no damage. I now lower trailer, lockhitch, and start raising vehicle to make sure it is properly latched.
Were your safety chains crossed (it's a state law in PA)? If they were, I don't think your tongue would have hit the ground so hard or may not have even touched the ground at all.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
Were your safety chains crossed (it's a state law in PA)? If they were, I don't think your tongue would have hit the ground so hard or may not have even touched the ground at all.
Never seen a law on safety chain hook up. We were pulling with an astro minivan which had a low hitch to begin with. I doubt crossing chains would have done any good. Made a lot of noise though. I was supprised that there was no damage.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #68

Not really a bonehead mistake, but sure makes you feel stupid. As usual, wife drives the toad up behind the motorhome so that I can hook up the tow cables, hook up the breakaway cables and insert the pins into the towbar. She also flips the switch that activates the air compressor that sets the brakes on the toad in case of a breakaway. She then gets out of the car so that I can disengage the drive shaft disconnect so that we can be underway.
Get to the campground about 130 miles away and I get out to disconnect the toad so we can back into the campsight. I open the door of the toad and realize the engine is still running in the toad.
There was no damage to the vehicle as there was no load on the engine or transmission, but sure makes you feel stupid.
Retired and enjoying new grandson
leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #69

I can tell you my husband's most boneheaded moment.
That would be when he let the tongue jack down on our previous TT and the wheels weren't chocked. Ummmm, that 'bad boy' started rolling, but thankfully it went forward and the tongue dug into the ground.
Oopsy!
PrellFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #70
Site Team

Not toooo boneheaded, but I left the outside sensor to my wireless weather station sitting on top of the trailer tire at the CG. Did not realize it til I got home and looked at the screen inside and it had no reading for outside temp. Lightbulb went on in my head, Leeboy, you forgot to get the sensor, its now history!

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote