Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2022, 08:58 AM   #1

2015 octane 273

I am interested in installing a patio door and railings on my camper. Curious if anyone can help me find the products I need having trouble finding them
Dale schaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #2

I take it you want the party deck / load ramp vice just a load ramp? If so, that is Challenger Door (now owned by Lippert) that built most of them for Jayco recent year models. The party deck ramps are solid doors, vice the frame & fill load doors. They are built to safely hold the weight while suspended & not to bow, as a conventional "load only" designed door would do if used like that. I am not sure if you would need to change the frame, or just the door (question for Challenger door). They can be ordered with the rails, but also make sure you get the steps. Using a short ladder to get up and down at night on uneven ground proves to be a challenge (don't ask me how I know). The steps make huge difference. They also came with a mounting bracket assy. & I secure them to the wall in the garage area when not in use.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMarine View Post
I take it you want the party deck / load ramp vice just a load ramp? If so, that is Challenger Door (now owned by Lippert) that built most of them for Jayco recent year models. The party deck ramps are solid doors, vice the frame & fill load doors. They are built to safely hold the weight while suspended & not to bow, as a conventional "load only" designed door would do if used like that. I am not sure if you would need to change the frame, or just the door (question for Challenger door). They can be ordered with the rails, but also make sure you get the steps. Using a short ladder to get up and down at night on uneven ground proves to be a challenge (don't ask me how I know). The steps make huge difference. They also came with a mounting bracket assy. & I secure them to the wall in the garage area when not in use.

Do you by chance have a link or number I could call.
Dale schaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:43 AM   #4

Sent private message with last sales interaction contact info I had (from 2020).
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #5

Hi Dale,
Would you please update what you discovered? I have the same year and model with hopes to also have a patio deck.
wechols99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 02:27 PM   #6

2018 222 here. I just built a 2x4 frame with adjustable jacks to put underneath .