Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #1

New, newer Talon

What, anyone notice there is a new Talon? What is the platinum? Guess I need to call Jayco. Ours is on order.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #2

Looks like they did sum upgrades. White woodwork and outside graphics. Lighting and porcelain popper. Looks like they r meeting in the middle with the seismic. Or a tandem seismic maybe. Price went up too. Have to request pricing!
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:40 AM   #3

And I fireplace where I told my wife I was gonna put one. And a window behind the upgraded 3 burner stove. And looks like the went with regular blinds too. What I'll end up changing ours too as well. Let me know if u upgrade urs and what the cost difference is. Curious to know how much an upgrade is. Mines a 18 closeout.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #4

So I called Jayco

This platinum is what is rolling off the line as of the 5th of Jan or something like that. All new models are this Platinum version. The other is now the legacy and can no longer be purchased new. It would be dealer stock only.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #5

Sounds like these r really the 19 models. And the others were late 18 "19" models to use up parts. So is the platinum what u r getting? Or the old new legacy? Did u get pricing? I'm guessing they have to go up with all the new upgrades....
Old 02-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #6

I'm not sure

We were contacted a few weeks ago and told that we couldn't get the walnut color scheme we wanted because it was no longer available.

I am assuming that the white interior that we were told we were getting is this platinum.

That is an assumption. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am thinking we still have quite a few weeks before we see ours. Supposed to be March so I am guessing April timeframe. :-)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #7

If u dont mine me asking, how much did u have to give for urs?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #8

Money, Money

It was almost 55K. Like 54 and some change. We didn't get the patio. We got just about everything else though. It was also the 403T model.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #9

I was reading that the platinum has an awning with the patio package. I had one added to mine. Still waiting on it. But I found a pic of in on jayco site so they can match it up. Cost me 1800 to add that. We beach vacation as well. Won't use the patio without shade! I'm just waiting to c how well the ac holds up in the heat. But we did have it out in below freezing temps. Was fine running a couple electric heaters plus furnace. Furnace will heat u out by its self if u care to use the propane....