Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Seismic 4212 washer/dryer

I posted this in the 5th wheel forum first but thought I would re-post it here.

I have a 2018 siesmic 4212 with the washer/dryer prep in the master bedroom closet. The taps and drain are there but i don't see the dryer vent prep. The manual indicates that there should be a sticker showing where the vent would go but I don't see it anywhere. The problem is that the back of the dryer would face the back of the fancy front cap. Obviously I'm not going to drill through that for the vent but I am not sure where the vent will go.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Or am I resigned to a ventless model?
Jbeleskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:38 PM   #2

Most of us have probably seen your other post as they all show up in line in our feed. So don't expect many new answers. I installed a combo vent in our DP motorhome myself and then had a dealer install a stackable vent in our previous 375 BHFS fifth wheel. Both had the rear vent facing the caps. That is normal. You'll either need to install a slim vent that is tipped down or a 90 degree and flex tube so that you can cut the holler in the side wall. On our fifth wheel, they used a 90 and flex tube over the top of the dryer to get the hole far enough back to clear the seam of the front cap.

On a side note, I now have a full size Kenmore non vented combo model in the 4114 garage. Beats both of my Splendide models hands down. So don't think that all ventless ones are bad. Most likely it won't fit in your location in the bedroom though.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #3

Thanks
Jbeleskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dryer vent, seismic, seismic 4212, washer/dryer, washer/dryer combo