Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #1

2019 Precept Prestige Ethernet Follow Up

Well, I just finished watching a few episodes of Person of Interest on Netflix (very good program, by the way). I have a wireless router connected via Cat 5 cable to the Sony BluRay player in the RV. The router is connected wirelessly to my home network. These BluRay players have apps built in for various streaming services, e.g., Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Hulu, etc. It works perfectly. I don't know how well this will work with an RV park network. Time will tell but if I get kicked out of the house I have options :-)

It will come in handy when I visit my daughter later this summer. We stay in the RV while there and this will give us some different viewing options. I have yet to figure out why there is a loose Cat 6 cable though. The Sony BluRay players (2) are both connected to the TVs via HDMI. One thing that comes to mind, my TVs do not have ethernet ports. Maybe some of the units have TVs with ethernet ports and those use the Cat 6 in lieu of HDMI (which I think may be more expensive than Cat 6). Anyway...
GAD36H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #2

Thanks for that info. I'll look closer at the Sony BluRay players in my Precept 31UL. I have been using my Roku connected to the RV Park Internet to watch streaming channels.

My brand new Precept has a CAT 6 lying around also. I have never figured out what it was for. Maybe someone can assist us.
JB newowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I know on my Vision 31V, the cat 6 cables are the hdmi over cat 6, so satellite to other TVs, etc.. My recommendation would be to contact Jayco motorized customer service and ask them for the satellite wiring diagrams. This will show you where the cat 6 cables go which would then give you options on how you could use them.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. At this point, though, I don't really care other than curiosity. Everything works as is. By the way, I have recently requested all of the engineering PDFs. Maybe something will be in those if they ever come.
GAD36H is offline   Reply With Quote