Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2022, 08:20 AM   #1

2022 jride

We purchased a 2022 Jayco Alante 27A. I'd read some comments somewhere about manufacturers struggling with supply issues and pushing to bring new inventory to their dealers.

Don't get me wrong, our new motorhome is great, with the exception.
The JRIDE inquiries have been met with a plethora of stupidity, It would appear that, even when referring to the JRIDE marketing by Jayco. They don't know what their own advertised JRIDE parts installed are? We were told that if any short comings are noted, due to the supply issues and manufacturers need to place new model inventory at dealers, manufaturers would address these issues and remedy the situation. Not true so far, they are playing stupid to my annoyance. I have no problems with the sach shock claim, even though Ford installs those at the factory, or the computer balanced driveline claim even though Ford balances the drive line before sending to Jayco. My problem is with the claim of improved jonce bumpers and sway bars, they are Ford factory installed. So what is the JRIDE Exactly, even asking Jayco seems to imply that they don't even know? It was our intent to upgrade the suspension upon purchase, and with the JRIDE installed, would have made it cheaper due to Jayco;'s improvements. Wrong, Jayco didn't do anything, which maens that every motorhome with a Ford F 53 chassis has JRIDE since it's just a stock configuration. I'd recommend carefully looking at the suspension and asking questions, ours still has the Ford inventory tags on the sway bars. I've verified the parts and inventory numbers and all JRIDE components are in fact Ford OEM parts. I could have gotten the Winnebego for a few dollars cheaper and it has the JRIDE components installed too. Take care and check your suspension and hold Jayco to it's promise, we are currently in conversation with them and seeking answers and resolve to this issue.
We had a Greyhawk, it served us without issue and our short trips in our Alante have been up to standard with our Greyhawk experience. Jayco is top notch and I'd highly recommend them to anybody, just make sure you're getting what you were promised as advertised. I'll be posting everywhere about this issue, not out of anger, but rather to provide an honest assessment to potential buyers and to ensure that Jayco deals with the issue fairly for all. So Jayco, when I have to install jonce bumpers and if swaybars are recommended, what is your stance? My fault or are you all going to reimburse me? I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer to that question...
Old 01-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Agreed, when I was researching my Entegra Vision (Jayco Allante), i noted the same things, the "JRide" is just marketing BS. I knew it going in and added a steering stabilizer and a rear tracbar. So far that's all I've needed to make the coach behave in high winds and passing trucks. I'm happy with my changes and how it rides now, but to be honest, these ites could be standard or added by Jayco for little change to the cost and really be a game changer in terms of ride and then bring some reality to their marketing.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:34 PM   #3

I read previous posts with interest. Neither mentioned Safe-T-Steer or Koni shocks. We purchased a Precept last June, and I hated the way it handled and the roughness of the ride on crappy roads like the I-40 in Flagstaff, AZ. So I invested in the above upgrades and they helped immensely. A word of caution, though. Take the rig to a reputable alignment shop for installation. I used a shop recommended in the SAn Diego area by an RV manufacturer, and couldn't be happier with the service, knowledge, and courtesy.
GRZLY 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZLY 03 View Post
Neither mentioned Safe-T-Steer or Koni shocks.

I mentioned the steering stabiizer, Safe-T-Plus is the brand I went with, but yes the steering stabilizer is a huge help. The rear TracBar is also huge. I haven't done anything to the shocks not sure if I will, but the steering stabilizer and rear tracbar are huge upgrades.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:28 PM   #5

I agree; JRIDE shouldn’t even be mentioned on a Alante. There is nothing to it.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
I mentioned the steering stabiizer, Safe-T-Plus is the brand I went with, but yes the steering stabilizer is a huge help. The rear TracBar is also huge. I haven't done anything to the shocks not sure if I will, but the steering stabilizer and rear tracbar are huge upgrades.
I very much appreciated reading this about the Alante's stability. We just purchased a 2022 and the test drive was good, but not great, as I would have expected given all the hoopla I read about JRIDE. Mind you it was much more stable than other Rigs I test drove (Bounder, Precept, Quantum etc).

Would you mind providing the website or UPC's, if available, for the TacBar & Steering stabilizer used on your rig? Thx in advance.
MrMikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:39 AM   #7

Here's the links for my Entegra Vision 31V. Without knowing your coach model, I can't give you direct links for products that fit your coach.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/SS40...Bar?filter=679

For the steering stabilizer, I needed the 41-180 beige/white one for my chassis

https://www.safe-t-plus.com/products/
Old 01-31-2022, 10:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Here's the links for my Entegra Vision 31V. Without knowing your coach model, I can't give you direct links for products that fit your coach.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/SS40...Bar?filter=679

For the steering stabilizer, I needed the 41-180 beige/white one for my chassis

https://www.safe-t-plus.com/products/
Thank you, this will point me in the right direction. Best Regards, Mike.
MrMikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:28 AM   #9

Truth be known,
If the stock jonce bumpers and the stabilizer bars would have been upgraded as advertised there would have been significant difference.

Jayco has passed the buck on this to the dealer, failing to assume any responsibility for the short falls in their advertised JRIDE upgrades. No upgrades were installed, as admitted to by the Jayco manufacturer. Dead end and all suspension upgrades will have to be performed by me at my expense, as I predicted.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:20 PM   #10

Not defending Jayco, because I too believe that the "JRide" is just marketing BS, but I wonder if the jounce bumpers on the Jayco chassis are different that the ones on other "stock" F53 chassis. Just because its a Ford part, doesn't mean it wasn't "upgraded". I know, semantics, but wouldn't surprise me if this is the situation here or worse if Jayco worked with Ford to upgrade the jounce bumpers on all chassis and then take credit for it.

The wording doesn't address the sitution, the only thing that will is to add the aftermarket parts you need to stabilize your unit.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:31 PM   #11

All parts are OEM, verified through the Ford F 53 chassis parts list and inventory tags left on the components. The jonce bumpers are stock Ford.

I did my homework and wouldn't have made the complaint to Jayco if I wasn't absolutely sure.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #12

As I recall on my 2017 Greyhawk(now sold), J Ride consisted of triple balanced driveshaft, which was done by MORryde, Hellwig rear helper springs, Bilstein shocks, extra large rear track bar, and better rubber body/frame isolators. I really don't know what their doing now. None of the rigs built on the F53 chassis give a good ride. Yes you can improve it, but they are entry level class A's after all.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #13

Precept handling

I must be lucky but my 2020 Precept 34g drives like a dream on the interstate. I never need two hands unless it is unusually windy. The only positive thing I can say about the rig is the handling. I just talked to another 34g owner today in the RV park and he felt the same way. I think on rough roads you have to expect a bumpy ride.
Golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 04:44 PM   #14

We have 2021 Alante 27A. The ride sucks!
Evanwride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:55 PM   #15

Compared to my previous 2015 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer, the ride over the bumps in my 2021 Precept 36A is a big improvement. I don't attribute this to the JRide marketing bs, but the new F53 chassis may just be better than the previous F53 version. Also, was wondering if the way the coach is attached to the chassis by the different manufacturers could have an effect? This is my 5th class A, including a Chevy and a Workhorse chassis which both handled the bumps better than the Fords probably due to the front independent suspension and coil springs instead of the straight axle and heavy leaf springs. That being said, so far I am happy with the ride of the Precept although I have only driven it about 4k miles.
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #16

We have a 2022 Jayco Greyhawk 31f. Everything shakes, rattles and bangs. It does not feel like there is any “JRide” upgrade. We just drove from Ontario to PEI on the highway and by the time we arrived the leg-less dinette table had popped all 10 crappy 1” screws out of the particleboard wall and dropped to the floor!! We’ve owned our rig for 3 months and have had it in 3x to be serviced due to poor workmanship!
Escape6365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape6365 View Post
We have a 2022 Jayco Greyhawk 31f. Everything shakes, rattles and bangs. It does not feel like there is any “JRide” upgrade. We just drove from Ontario to PEI on the highway and by the time we arrived the leg-less dinette table had popped all 10 crappy 1” screws out of the particleboard wall and dropped to the floor!! We’ve owned our rig for 3 months and have had it in 3x to be serviced due to poor workmanship!
I think I'll scratch legless dinette off my list. I suppose the table acts like a crowbar over the bumps and out it comes. I don't know how handy you are, but if you can fix stuff stuff you spend a lot less time at the dealer. It sounds like at least you are able to get service, many can't and when they do the rig is at the shop for months sometimes. Being as yours is a 2022 your getting priority it seems. The first year is really a shakedown year and hopefully when the bugs get worked out it will be better.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote