Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
KTK

2022 Precept 34G residential frig.

I have a 2022 Precept 34G. It has a Whirpool residential refrigerator, model WRS571CIHZ02. I am pretty sure it runs on 120 volts. If I'm traveling or boondocking it gets the 120 volts via the batteries through the inverter. Am I correct or is it manufactured to run on 12 volts even though it is a residential frig. The same question with the furnace? And can I run the furnace while traveling with the slides in?
KTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #2

I'm surprised others with a 34G haven't responded.....yet. I have a 2020 31UL with the Whirlpool; here's my input FWIW: Yes, the fridge runs on 120 vac. It comes from the inverter. Love the thing; it makes ice cubes as I roll down the road and it has never caused a problem of any kind. Others have had troubles .... mainly related to the fridge startup/cycling back on .... and after reading on this forum for the past year, it seems to me that it usually involves a different brand res fridge and the inverter (or their batteries,perhaps) just aren't up to the task. I hope your experience is as good as mine; I suspect it will be.

Your furnace operates on 12 vdc. Just know that the blower motor draws considerable current. If you are parked overnight and running the furnace, your OEM coach batteries will definitely want charged the next morning; maybe before if the fridge is on much at night. At least that has been my experience.

Hopefully others will chime in. Good times and safe travels to ya.
Toad: 2016 Kia Soul w/6-spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #3
KTK

Thank you for the valuable info. I suspected all this but was not sure. Don't plan on doing much cold weather boondocking when the furnace would be needed but thought about running it when I'm traveling during the winter because the chassis heater struggles to keep the coach warm. If I do this the chassis alternator should help the coach batteries stay charged until we get to that nights campground and plug in.
Thanks again, KTK
KTK is offline   Reply With Quote