Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2023, 04:40 PM   #1

2023 Alante 27A help

Purchased new 2/23. Had issues with steps out/retracting. While taking to dealer, using the freeway 60-65 mph, semi trucks passing literally blew the coach onto the shoulder. My husband could not maintain the lane and was fighting the wheel everytime a semi passed. He's a big strong guy. No water in tanks, maybe 30 gallons of fuel, personal property loaded. He did some research & learned this is a common issue with this coach? Weve not had a shakedown camping trip since purchase and believe the coach to be unsafe to drive. Anyone with similar experience, if so, how was it resolved?
UlyssesKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 05:29 PM   #2

Ok, there is help. Take to dealer and get a rear trac bar installed.

https://supersteerparts.com/products...8-22k-gvw.html

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:50 AM   #3

Common problem if you are not used to an A class with the F53 chassis. Even the newer models have beefed up the sway bars with little improvement.

I have Popeye forearms because I drive an F53 chassis Alante.
MikeRV4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:50 PM   #4

Have you taken your coach after loading it up and had the front end aligned? If your tires are toed in too much, like mine were, when the wind from passing trucks hit the side, the right tire would take more steering and push the coach left. A cross wind would make it jump 3’ to the side. After alignment greatly reduced. Also, do not over inflate your front tires. Go by the sticker cold air in your coach.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 04:17 AM   #5

We use to have (2018) Georgetown 38' on the F53 frame. I went to Sumo Springs all the way around and a steering stablizer, made it so I could drive it with very little if any sway from tractor trailer. I also put a Five Star Tuner on it because of the High rev it has. Just my 2Cents
Harleys house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleys house View Post
We use to have (2018) Georgetown 38' on the F53 frame. I went to Sumo Springs all the way around and a steering stablizer, made it so I could drive it with very little if any sway from tractor trailer. I also put a Five Star Tuner on it because of the High rev it has. Just my 2Cents
I also have a stabilizer added to the steering and a 5 Star tune. FYI, if your chassis battery goes dead or you change the battery without keeping voltage on the system, the tune can not work properly afterward. I was told it was not possible, so I contacted SCT support and they told me that it can happen on both diesel and gas ECU’s. Just replace the tune as original and then retune it and all that power comes back! Best wishes, Kevin
Old 05-23-2023, 07:49 AM   #7

All of these mods “help”. I have added trac bar, Konis, steering stabilizer front radius rods, new Michelins and 4 wheel alignment…..it still wanders all over, gets blown off the road when a semi passes…… terrible chassis. As soon as it is financially practical, this thing goes……. I think I am going to try a 5th wheel. I will lose the access to all the amenities while driving but maybe I get get rid the scary white buckle driving. ��
KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHabie View Post
All of these mods “help”. I have added trac bar, Konis, steering stabilizer front radius rods, new Michelins and 4 wheel alignment…..it still wanders all over, gets blown off the road when a semi passes…… terrible chassis. As soon as it is financially practical, this thing goes……. I think I am going to try a 5th wheel. I will lose the access to all the amenities while driving but maybe I get get rid the scary white buckle driving. ��
Before you lose money on your rig and buy a whole new setup, ask some people who have fifth wheels about wind and semi trucks when they are pulling.
I was pulling a box trailer for the local music department once and some wind came from the side. In a 2 seconds, I was 3’ over the center line in the other lane. I have never pulled a fifth wheel, so I have no experience to make a comment with. Best wishes to you and your family! Kevin
Old 05-23-2023, 05:43 PM   #9

Whay year? Length?
UlyssesKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHabie View Post
I'm going to ask the obvious. Are you sure you have enough weight on the front axle?
Old 05-24-2023, 04:34 AM   #11

2018 31P Alante
KHabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 05:43 PM   #12

There is a "best" solution to the F53 chassis - Liquid Springs. It drives, rides and handles like a luxury pickup truck.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:26 PM   #13

As others have said, I’d start with a track bar. Most bang for the buck. Start there. Everything else helps but Track bar is the one improvement that I felt immediately!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:41 PM   #14

Chas class a on the ford f35 chassis have lousy handling on the highway. You are going to spend a couple grand to beef up the suspension. Then she’ll handle like it should. A diesel has a better chassis and doesn’t need the upgrades.
twbelieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:55 PM   #15

i was having similar issues with my 2017 Alante 26x. Etrailer.com has stablizer's for front,rear,and steering. I installed a centering steering stabilizer and noticed a big difference right away. I'm now able to relax a bit behind the wheel and enjoy a coffee. I still noticed a bit of body rock so i installed a rear stabilizer , So far she seems a lot stiffer and doesnt rock around as much. I haven't tested it on the highway yet , first trip this weekend we'll see how much it helps. It took me 1\2 a day to install each and i was able to do it by myself cost was close to 1600:bucks . hopefully resolves the white knuckle s
barnettgreg6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2023 alante 27a owners