Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #1

Alante 2029 Hydraulic Leak

Out on last trip with grandkids before school starts, noticed a leak under rear end. Have hydraulic fluid on propane tank and leveler distribution block. Just concerned, we’re a couple hundred miles from home, supposed to be out a couple more days. Suggestions on what I can do/look for? Be contacting dealer in the am.
SonOfOdin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
If you're already setup with jacks down I wouldn't mess with it until you're ready to go or maybe the night before. I would wipe the fluid real good and check back a bit later to see if you see it again and if you can determine where its coming from. When you're ready to go, I would have someone else operate the jacks while watching the pump and manifold to see if you can locate the leak if you see no leaking when its not operating.

My guess is a leak at the connections at the manifold. You could attempt to check each one to see if they are loose, but be careful!! if you break the seal the RV could come crashing down and you could cause an issue with the jacks staying up while travelling. If its me, i'm leaving it until the dealer looks at it. Maybe get some more fluid and watch the level and top it off if needed.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #3

I wasn't going to mess with the hydraulics while the levelers were down. Waiting until we left this am. Looks like one of the connections on the distribution block. Hopefully it's a simple fix, was able to get an appointment in a couple weeks (service, even warranty work is incredibly hard to schedule, and if it's more complicated, it could be a long time waiting on parts).
SonOfOdin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #4

The Hydraulic system for my jacks is located under the floor in the rear. I'm experiencing leakage from I believe is the reservoir. I've tried to find the Part #'s and can not find as how it is mounted I would have to drop the whole unit. I called Equalizer and they are sending me a new reservoir for my Precept 31UL. I tried to get the information from Jayco, but they were no help. The other problem I have is there is no way to add fluid as the fill port again is right under the floor, impossible to get to. This is a poor design!!
Saxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #5

This is the second thread I’ve read recently where the newer 31UL has the leveling system reservoir located in the rear in an inaccessible area. This is very disappointing to hear. I usually give Jayco the benefit of the doubt but now I’m beginning to wonder if some cost cutting decisions have been made that affect the design of these coaches. It’s one thing to make cosmetic changes but it’s a whole different game when it comes to functionality. Has this design change affected other Alante and Precept models also?
Is this no longer a simple DIY task and you now have to take it in to a dealer for servicing?
It seems to be getting more similar to new cars that when you lift the hood you have to search pretty hard just to find the battery.
I apologize for getting a little off topic but it would be interesting to hear from others with newer Jayco Class A’s on the location of their leveling system fluid reservoir.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #6

I would also love to know were the hydraulic system is located on the 2021 and 2022 Precept 34G,36A,36C,etc.
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:36 AM   #7

Can't speak to these models specifically, but in my rig, the hydraulic pump and resevoir is in the service bay on the passenger side of the coach above the propane tank and to the right of the batteries.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Can't speak to these models specifically, but in my rig, the hydraulic pump and resevoir is in the service bay on the passenger side of the coach above the propane tank and to the right of the batteries.
That sounds like a good location, I sure hope they haven't moved it on the newer models.
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #9

Its the same location being referred to above.. the floor is just above the pump and reservoir so its not easy to maintain in its location. No idea if its changed in recent years, my guess is no.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:10 AM   #10

2016 Precept 31 UL location. Plenty of room to access. Only thing I don’t like is the access to use the manual pump is on the other end of the motor.
Attached Thumbnails
56B67649-F07B-42E1-B3ED-B7CDBFFC28D3.jpg   E5AE7112-C09E-4114-AF7A-6FD87853D769.jpg