Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2024, 04:28 PM   #1

Alante26X 3 Panel Shower Door Stuck

I have a 3 panel sliding shower door and the middle panel is stuck. Basically I have to lift up the center door to get it off the bottom track to close/open the entire panel. It appears to have slipped or vibrated out of its upper gasket near the rollers.

I’ve looked at several youtube vids to get an idea and I’m thinking this 3 panel door is an entire closed unit and I can’t simply remove 1 door for better access.

I’ve attached a pic and hopefully you can see the middle door that has lowered out of the rubber gasket causing it to rub on the lower shower slide.

Has anyone had an issue like this before?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6151.jpg  
LampsAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 02:55 AM   #2

No, I haven't had that problem on our 26X. Is it possible to pry/wedge the door upwards to that the upper portion engages as the other 2 do? Later this morning I'll look at ours and see if I can offer a solution.
Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Toad
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90
stu stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:39 AM   #3

On our 26X there are rubber/plastic "gliders" on the bottom of the glass doors that would not allow the door to shift lower and cause the condition you show to occur.
Attached Thumbnails
ShowerDoorGlides.jpg  
Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Toad
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90
stu stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:24 PM   #4

I’m not positive, but I believe there are tightening screws at the top of the frame on top of the glass, you would have to remove the top track to get to them.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:50 PM   #5

Thanks. Naturally my shower door doesn’t have those, but rather a plastic track that the panel fits in. I wish it did have those then it wouldn’t be a problem.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
I’m not positive, but I believe there are tightening screws at the top of the frame on top of the glass, you would have to remove the top track to get to them.

Yep, that’s what mine has. Ill have to remove the top track and try it. Hopefully it will work, cause I really don’t want to remove the entire shower panels.
Thanks
Old 03-14-2024, 01:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampsAW View Post
Yep, that’s what mine has. Ill have to remove the top track and try it. Hopefully it will work, cause I really don’t want to remove the entire shower panels.
Thanks
Remember it's tempered glass and it doesn't take much to break when one spot has excessive pressure. Don't over tighten if there are screws holding that rubber piece in place.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:20 PM   #8

I fixed it. The problem was the middle door gasket (at the top) was not glued properly, which resulted in the glass door to slip down and cause the entire 3 panel doors to drag at the bottom of the track. I’m chaulking that up to a factory boo boo.
We ended up taking the entire doors off by removing the top track and carefully moving the entire unit out of the bathroom.
Applied some JB Weld super duper glue to that middle door gasket, let it sit for 24 hours, re installed the doors and works like a champ or the next time I move the RV haha.
It wasn’t that difficult but rather nerve racking because we didn’t want to crack any glass doors.
I’m glad that’s done.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampsAW View Post
I fixed it. The problem was the middle door gasket (at the top) was not glued properly, which resulted in the glass door to slip down and cause the entire 3 panel doors to drag at the bottom of the track. I’m chaulking that up to a factory boo boo.
We ended up taking the entire doors off by removing the top track and carefully moving the entire unit out of the bathroom.
Applied some JB Weld super duper glue to that middle door gasket, let it sit for 24 hours, re installed the doors and works like a champ or the next time I move the RV haha.
It wasn’t that difficult but rather nerve racking because we didn’t want to crack any glass doors.
I’m glad that’s done.
Happy you got it fixed. I’m going to have to take mine out too. Question, is there a way to turn the middle glass around? I think mine is backward installed and doesn’t align with the others.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:41 PM   #10

There are the rough sides and smooth sides for the shower doors. Mine are:rough sides are facing outwards away from the shower. I think if you try to switch the doors the rollers won’t line up correctly.
Btw, this whole shower door thing is defina 2 person job.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:46 PM   #11

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2024, 07:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
Happy you got it fixed. I’m going to have to take mine out too. Question, is there a way to turn the middle glass around? I think mine is backward installed and doesn’t align with the others.
Remove it, install a shower curtain, less weight (maybe 40lbs) and won't bang around. Cleaning? ... just pitch the curtain and get a new one over time. Lol

What we did.

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Remove it, install a shower curtain, less weight (maybe 40lbs) and won't bang around. Cleaning? ... just pitch the curtain and get a new one over time. Lol

What we did.
Thanks for the idea, but I think I will try to fix it first.