Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Agree, Many professional electricians are not familiar with the electrical wiring of power for rv's.
That is usually a problem with 30 amp service since it is only 110. Shouldn't be a concern with 50 amp since it is 220.

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That is usually a problem with 30 amp service since it is only 110. Shouldn't be a concern with 50 amp since it is 220.
I have heard and seen stories that cause much concern!

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #13
Lost in the Woods

"After troubleshooting ALL the cables, fuses, relays, switches, with an electrician, he finally found the mistakenly connected wire."

That should be the choices for electrical issues: get professional help or up-skill yourself by starting with taking some rv electrical classes, not forum free-for-alls.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #14
Site Team

Correct knowledge is great no matter where you get it. You do have to be careful when trying to get experience. It can be costly.

Maybe you should have asked that question to the electrician who was there at the time?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
X2 A 50 amp service IS wired the same as a "dryer". Two 120 volt lines come into your RV and in your panel it is then fed to different circuits. The problem comes in wiring 30 amp plugs as it is easily confused with a 30 amp 240 plug, rather than 120 30 amp plug. Good Luck.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #16

Chavo mx1.......WELCOME TO THE FORUMS AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 29UR.
We have a Precept Owners Group...........come and join us.
At the top of this page, click "community", then click "social groups". When that page comes up, click on the "Precept" icon/pic and sign up (no fee). As of right now we have 99 members........you could be the 100th.
There have been 238 threads with bumper to bumper discussions. No one has added bumpers to their Precepts and I am sure there will be conversations if you start a thread with your intro.
Glad you found your mis-wiring and no damage was done.
See ya on the POG.
Darrell
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #17

Thank you Darrel!
From my phone I cant find the community page to join, but I will try later tonight from my computer. I will post pictures of the front and reaeŮr bumpers I had made. They are to protect all that hugely exposed fiberglass corners. I am driving in Bolivia and Argentina where the roads are not that great.

This new precet is sure giving headaches though... After my first "electrical" issue was solved, now we cant open the main slide. Only the rear slide is working. I cant find a diagram or instructions as to where I can locate the slide motor and controller to manually override and open/close this way.

Do you have any info/suggestions? Checked the fuses and they are ok.
There s no RV dealers in Argentina so we are on our own and our main trip starts this Friday. (dakar rally)
Chavo_mx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #18

Chavo mx1, here is a link to the manuals for Precept. Hopefully you have a bundle of materials that was provided when you bought the RV. They would cover slides, stove, AC, furnace, steps, stabilizing jacks, etc, etc. There normally is a booklet referencing the slides. Owner's Manuals | Jayco, Inc.

However, you might be better off/quicker results, by calling Jayco Customer Service. Make sure you tell them you want to speak with someone in the motorized division customer service. Jayco CS has been tremendous with many of us when we have had difficulties.
Roger Johnson
Customer Service Manager
Jayco Motorhome Division
Providing you - Generations of Family Fun
Jayco, Inc.

Ph: 1-800-517-9137
Cell: 574-333-1985
Fax: 574-825-6091
Email: roger_johnson@jayco.com
I wish you well on your journey and correcting the slide challenge.
Darrell

'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertor problem, electric problem