Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #1

Great Jayco Service

So, I often see posts about the tough times owners have getting the MFGs (not just Jayco) to stand behind warranty claims. I wanted to share a story of success and a job well done. It will be a bit long, and I'm sure its not the norm, but it is a true story about how Jayco took an issue and made it right...

Last September while traveling in our Alante 31R we blew the heater core on our outbound trip. I spent the better part of a day getting bounced between my dealer, Ford, and Jayco Customer Service. Because it was an HVAC system no one wanted to deal with it. Jayco ultimately referred me to EvansTemp, the MFG of the HVAC system. Evans set me up with one of their Authorized Service Centers, Pardos Fleet Services.

Pardos was easy enough to work with, I scheduled an appointment and dropped off my coach. I was told the fix would be complete in 3 weeks. Five weeks later the coach was ready for pick up. Now, when we dropped it off the only problem was the heater core. The coach had 4800 miles on it. When I picked up the coach the HVAC control panel didn't work in any capacity. The Fresh Air / Recirculated Air servo and damper were broken, inside the coach air only came out of the floor - no defrost and no dash air, my side view cameras didn't work, my carpet had grease stains on it, and the doghouse was reinstalled improperly. Pardos explanation was that - it must've been that way when it was dropped off.

I called Jayco to explain the situation and I was told that my case would be reviewed and I would receive a response shortly. I didn't expect to hear from them, but after a few days I did and they agreed to correct all the problems caused by Pardos and to do so under warranty. Jayco engaged my dealer,White Horse RV, explained the situation and informed them that they would be correcting any and all problems found with my HVAC system.

It took some time to work through all the logistics, but I dropped off my coach to the dealer in early December and let them know I wouldn't need it until mid-March. I received a call in early February that the coach was done and ready for pickup. When I picked it up I received a report of what they found and fixed....

White Horse had found that the entire HVAC system was damaged in some way or another. The (new) heater core had to be replaced and so did the AC lines, the heater core case (external), the Fresh Air/Recirculated Air damper, the air distribution box, the HVAC control module in the dash, and all the duct work. They also corrected the dog house reinstallation, corrected my camera issues, and removed the grease stains from the carpet.

Jayco covered the full costs of all the issues and made my coach whole again even though the damage was caused by poor workmanship at another facility. Between their follow through and the excellent work performed by White Horse RV I couldn't be happier. This is our second Jayco unit. In between Jaycos we owned a Forrest River and I can say that customer service drove us away from the FR and customer service drove me back to Jayco, and after this experience we'll remain Jayco customers for a long time to come.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

My story is much less dramatic, but on an equal playing field with yours. Only difference was I bought my TT at Camping World OKC, having it serviced at Pharr RVs in Lubbock. Great people to work with at Pharr. Camping World shoulda never rolled my unit off the lot with the problems it had.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote