Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2019, 04:49 AM   #1

Is the 2020 Jayco 34 g unsafe?

Hi
I’m looking at the class A Jayco precept 34 G
My concern is the huge wall slide that holds the washer dryer and residential refrig . Is that side overweight straight out of the factory ? Is the rig unsafe ?
Wheelbase is 238
Length 36.5 if that helps
RV consumer group says it has ‘design deficiencies ‘ ? Any thoughts
Ty
Jill
Jill on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to JOF!.

‘design deficiencies‘ is rather vague. Can you elaborate a bit on what some these deficiencies are so they can be discussed? The more information you can provide, the better results you'll receive. If this RV consumer group's report can be viewed on online, providing a link to it would be extremely helpful to anyone who owns or is considering the purchase of this RV.

Enjoy the forums.

Frank (FPM III)
JOF Moderator

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #3

Thank you for the input Frank.Unfortunately the RV consumer group is not specific regarding “what” the deficiencies are.
Jill on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #4

"Most of the criticisms of RVCG that I've read online are based on factors already addressed and discussed on the RVCG site. They do not perform testing or test drives, primarily because manufacturers will not provide motorhomes to them. They base analyses on personal observation, company provided build or engineering data, or user information. A commenter on one forum even suggested we should disregard Galant's opinions because he and his staff are not active RVers."

This was cut and pasted from IRV. Like other posts on the subject of "RV Consumer Group" they are a bunch of opinionated people who don't actually test RV's. There are sites on the internet that are for Precept owners by Precept owners. I would go there and ask people who actually own those rigs what their opinion is of their slide.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:17 AM   #5

Someone with a 34g might chime in here or go to the Facebook site with almost 800 members. As a general rule many of the RV dealers are inadequate or slow to fix a unit. Jayco customer service is usually good and the two year warranty a plus. Some of the problems you see are inexperienced rv'ers learning how to operate their RV. Some problems are sloppy workmanship from the factory. We have owners with no problems at all and some with major problems. It's a crapshoot.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #6

I have a 2019 34G that we have driven now for about 15,000 miles. I think it’s safe. It drives great. The weight of a washer dryer combo is negligible compared to the weight of that giant slide. I haven’t had any problems with the Superslide. We love our 34G and it’s wide open ffloorplan.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
34 g, unsafe