Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #1

No propane to Stove

Tank is full and valve is open at the tank. Water heater works on gas but no gas at stove or oven.
GAD36H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #2

Have you run a burner long enough to purge the O2 out?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #3

Yes. No sound of gas (or air) coming out or smell of propane.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #4

Finally got the stove lit but no luck with the oven. I have been purging, and purging... and purging.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

My stove has a pilot light that must be lit before the oven will light. Are you trying to light the pilot?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #6

It has a pilot light and it is supposed to light with the piezo igniter but regardless how long I purge, no ignition. I am going to see if I can light it with a cigarette lighter. Maybe the piezo igniter is in need of adjustment.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:53 AM   #7

Has it worked before or is this a new rig? I found my gas hoses were kinked coming from a distribution box underneath the rig. Something to look at.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD36H View Post
It has a pilot light and it is supposed to light with the piezo igniter but regardless how long I purge, no ignition. I am going to see if I can light it with a cigarette lighter. Maybe the piezo igniter is in need of adjustment.

Our 2015 JayFlight does NOT have a piezo igniter for the oven, but it does for the stove burners. I didn't see the year & brand for your unit so the following may not apply...

We have to light the oven pilot with a flame - we use a long butane lighter. Also, the oven knob needs to be held in for a l-o-n-g time about 30sec to one minute after lighting the pilot, for the pilot to heat the thermocouple enough to allow the oven to ignite.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Our 2015 JayFlight does NOT have a piezo igniter for the oven, but it does for the stove burners. I didn't see the year & brand for your unit so the following may not apply...

We have to light the oven pilot with a flame - we use a long butane lighter. Also, the oven knob needs to be held in for a l-o-n-g time about 30sec to one minute after lighting the pilot, for the pilot to heat the thermocouple enough to allow the oven to ignite.
My 2018 26x oven is the same. Mine does not have the piezo igniter for the oven and needs to be lit manually. Also use the long butane lighter …….
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #10

I have a 2019 Precept Prestige (obviously still in warranty). It has the piezo igniter and the knob does have to be held in to get the thermocouple hot enough to open the gas to the burner. The problem is that the pilot never lights -- with the igniter or with a flame from a gas lighter. It will eventually go to the dealer for repairs but, like many of us, I hate to leave it at the dealer for a month of Sundays if I don't have to.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #11
Site Team

I have a guess. Is it at all possible the knob isn't pushing in the shaft quite far enough to release propane to the pilot assembly? Try this just for the heck of it. Put a small ball of aluminum foil inside the knob where the shaft goes. That will allow the knob to push in the shaft just a little further.

I may be behind the times a little, on newer stoves, but have never heard of a piezo ignition for the oven pilot. You need gas to keep the pilot burning...the thermocouple won't let gas flow until it's hot enough...a piezo igniter only lights flowing gas, so I think you need to try the old fashioned way of oven pilot lighting.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #12

The piezo igniter is supposed to light the pilot when the oven knob is held in on the pilot setting. This activates the piezo ignitor as fuel flows to the pilot. Good news, for me, is I finally got the pilot to light after purging for what seems an eternity. And it did light with the piezo igniter. This would not be too puzzling except the technician lit the oven on the walk-through and the propane at the tank has been on ever since. Being one who does look a gift horse in the mouth, I will not be satisfied until I figure this out but for the mean time...
Old 07-02-2019, 11:37 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
The piezo igniter is supposed to light the pilot when the oven knob is held in on the pilot setting. This activates the piezo ignitor as fuel flows to the pilot. Good news, for me, is I finally got the pilot to light after purging for what seems an eternity. And it did light with the piezo igniter. This would not be too puzzling except the technician lit the oven on the walk-through and the propane at the tank has been on ever since. Being one who does look a gift horse in the mouth, I will not be satisfied until I figure this out but for the mean time...
That's great it finally lit. I guess some appliances can be stubborn sometimes, given where they're placed, and how the gas plumbing was designed.

I need to get out more. I didn't realize they've improved stoves so much. We've had six campers of varying sizes and configurations, and they've all had the manual light ovens.

We appreciate the update, and hope it's resolved.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
That's great it finally lit. I guess some appliances can be stubborn sometimes, given where they're placed, and how the gas plumbing was designed.

I need to get out more. I didn't realize they've improved stoves so much. We've had six campers of varying sizes and configurations, and they've all had the manual light ovens.

We appreciate the update, and hope it's resolved.
This is the first one we’ve owned with the piezo igniter. So much better when it works. No getting down on knees to reach far enough into the oven to light the pilot.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #15

Quote:
This is the first one we’ve owned with the piezo igniter. So much better when it works. No getting down on knees to reach far enough into the oven to light the pilot.
I stand and hold the knob in and the DW is one on her knees holding the lighter.

Hmmm.... I'd better hide the change to lighting the oven from the DW or she'll be trailer shopping!