Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2023, 09:01 PM   #1

Outlets no longer work when dry camping

Hi All,
We have a 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM. 1000w Xantrex Inverter.

The coach outlets have stopped working while dry camping and the batteries seem to be draining a lot faster since...
The Front (cab) outlets and outdoor TV outlet do work while dry camping.

While the genny is running or plugged into shore, all outlets work, including the batheroom GFI.

We are certain the TV outlet in the bedroom worked while dry camping and it no longer does along with all the other coach outlets.

Hope I've given enough info...
Thanks in Advance
Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:31 PM   #2

With a 1000 watt inverter, I can not imagine that all or even most of your receptacles will have power from the inverter. Our 2018 Alante 29S only powers the TV’s, and one near the bed. How sure are you of which ones are connected to the inverter?
If you start the generator and your receptacles that you are thinking are on inverter but not working start working, then they are not connected to it.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 06:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
With a 1000 watt inverter, I can not imagine that all or even most of your receptacles will have power from the inverter. Our 2018 Alante 29S only powers the TV’s, and one near the bed. How sure are you of which ones are connected to the inverter?
If you start the generator and your receptacles that you are thinking are on inverter but not working start working, then they are not connected to it.
I know the kitchen and dining plug never worked while dry camping.
But the bedroom tv worked and the bedside plug for CPap machine.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:09 AM   #4

So, you are saying that some receptacles work off the batteries through the inverter and some do not. When on shore power, everything works.
The inverter is the only common part to the issue. If I may suggest, I believe your inverter is under the bed. Get to it and turn it on with the switch at your control panel. Make sure the tv is not working. Turn the switch off at the control panel. Now all TVs are off, correct? Unplug everything and replug in different receptacles on the inverter. Turn it back on and check to see if what is being powered has changed. If it does, and you still have part working and part not, something internal of the inverter has failed.
Best wishes, Kevin
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote