Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2021, 09:43 PM   #1

Rear outside tv/stereo

Hi guys, another question from a new owner (2016 precept). the outside tv/stereo bay has no power everything is dead. Is there a fuse, relay, hidden plug ???? I can't find the reason. Thanks for any information.

Steve Tweit
2016 Precept
Ocean Shores Wa.
dockswork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Any 120 volt outlets out there will be GFCI protected, and powered from a breaker in the converter. The RV has to be connected to 120 volt power in order to test/reset any GFCI outlets. Find the breaker that powers that circuit, turn it off, then back on. Next, see if the GFCI outlet(s) are tripped. They will be the ones near the kitchen, bath, and outside. Look for the test/reset buttons . It a place to start anyway. I'm sure others will offer some more ideas for you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
The TV will be on a 110v like mentioned, the radio is 12v and could have its own in-line fuse. Also the 110v could be fed by the inverter, so are you connected to shore power or no? If so the inverter won't be the issue, check the GFI. If you are not on shore power, make sure the Inverter is on.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:51 AM   #4

outside tv

thanks for the sugestions I have checked those things and all seem to be ok. So the radio has no power, the tv has no power, but the electric outlet there is live ?? would like access to the space behind to check connections ?
dockswork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
The TV should be on a pull-out swiwel type mount, so you should be able to pull it out and see behind it. The TV will likely be attached to a different outlet than the one you see that is functioning since that TV can be powered by the inverter. Not sure what floorplan you have so hard to say what to do to get to the back side of that outside area.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #6

I have a 2016 Precept and have had the entire TV/Stereo area completely taken apart. The TV is 120v and the stereo 12v so it's weird that the two are both not working. The TV is on a non-gfci receptacle and the radio has an in line fuse. The only way to troubleshoot is to remove the TV which can be done by removing the 6 screws on the mounting pan and get in there with a multi meter and start checking the wiring. You can't troubleshoot electrical systems over the internet.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
I have a 2016 Precept and have had the entire TV/Stereo area completely taken apart. The TV is 120v and the stereo 12v so it's weird that the two are both not working. The TV is on a non-gfci receptacle and the radio has an in line fuse. The only way to troubleshoot is to remove the TV which can be done by removing the 6 screws on the mounting pan and get in there with a multi meter and start checking the wiring. You can't troubleshoot electrical systems over the internet.
My outside TV works but the radio doesn't. Do you know where the fuse for the radio is? I've pulled the dresser drawers to look at the wiring, but cannot see the fuse. I see the TV plug and the back of the radio but cannot find a point of connection for the radio.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:58 PM   #8

Pull the radio out the in line fuse is in the rats nest of wires back there.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #9

There is a 110v plug inside behind the bottom dresser drawer in my 31v that powers the tv and a 10 amp fuse for the radio.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote