Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2022, 02:38 PM   #1

Sliding window chirping squeaking

Hello everyone,
New to the forum.

Really pleased with our new 2021 Jayco Precept 31 ul, apart from when we travel above 65 mph the passenger side sliding window starts a chirping noise and squeaks.

I have tried to correct the issue but no success as yet.

Has anyone had the same problem or any ideas on how to solve this annoyance
Thanks
Neil
Neilw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:21 AM   #2

I have a noise from the passenger side window area but it's more of a "Watch out for that truck!! You know it's 55 here!" kind of noise.
2020 F150 Sport Toad
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:11 AM   #3

I had my window replaced Under warranty
Sanford Fl camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoldsbury View Post
i have a noise from the passenger side window area but it's more of a "watch out for that truck!! You know it's 55 here!" kind of noise.
😁😂😀
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:49 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
I have a noise from the passenger side window area but it's more of a "Watch out for that truck!! You know it's 55 here!" kind of noise.

I thought they all made that noise.. That comes stock, at least in my unit.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:17 PM   #6

We have the 2021 Precept 34G and both driver side and passenger windows squeal while driving. My wife took a paper towel wetted it, rolled it up length wise and stuffed it in the grove. Stopped the noise. I think the problem is the windows need to be sealed. I haven’t done anything yet but was going to seal them with clear silicone.
RobertB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:26 PM   #7

We have a 21 Alante and the passenger window squeaks and chirps like a battery replacement needed in home smoke detector. My thoughts are a full length vent visor to move the air around the seamless window. Ventvisor makes a length that will cover the front edge of the window.
JBMorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:44 AM   #8

We have a 2020 36H Precept Prestiege, with terrible squeel above 50mph. Passenger side window replaced twice on warranty. Hopefully fixes.
Good luck with yours.
Gfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #9

Window squeaking

I found my problem with both driver and passenger sliding windows. There’s a gap behind the window when the window is locked and shut and that lets air get into the cab if it’s not sealed I took RTV black silicone and ran a bead down it so you can’t even tell it looks like a rubber seal and that took the squeal out of both windows and now I can talk to whoever is in the passenger seat at a normal tone and don’t have to yell I can enjoy the radio now I can hear the people talking in the back. Easy fix.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMorey View Post
I found my problem with both driver and passenger sliding windows. There’s a gap behind the window when the window is locked and shut and that lets air get into the cab if it’s not sealed I took RTV black silicone and ran a bead down it so you can’t even tell it looks like a rubber seal and that took the squeal out of both windows and now I can talk to whoever is in the passenger seat at a normal tone and don’t have to yell I can enjoy the radio now I can hear the people talking in the back. Easy fix.
I'll have to take a look -- my wife and I noticed on our 31UL that the sliding windows both whistle when locked and driving down the highway. Yours would indeed be a simple fix.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:36 AM   #11

Quote:

Can you provide a picture of where this gap is located?
Old 11-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkie123 View Post

If no reply from JBMorey by tomorrow, I'm going to take some electrical tape and run it around the edges of the fixed window (i.e., not the slider), engage the window lock and drive it up the highway a few miles. I suspect the slight gap between the fixed window and the side of the coach is where the whistle comes from (the sound is reminiscent of when vehicle door windows had the triangular vent which, if cracked open, would whistle.) If the noise disappears, I'll use some window sealant to fill the gap.

If not, I'll scratch my bald head and try to determine why it only happens when the window(s) is locked, and what to try next.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:55 PM   #13

Shoot us some pics of where you applied the sealant. My 2021 Alante is squeaky as well...
Much appreciated!
RealEstateRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkie123 View Post
Yeah a picture would help me out. I have a 2021 prestige 36h
ianpemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:21 PM   #15

It’s funny that you say it only happens when it’s locked. Has anyone had a look at the locks?
Could the noise be coming from it?
Old 11-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #16

I will get a picture today. I have to go to where my unit is stored. I will get everyone a picture
Old 11-08-2022, 07:03 AM   #17

Here are 2 pictures sorry pictures are not vertical.
Attached Thumbnails
9AD37602-6D98-40FF-9884-2981A37651BF.jpg   D83BA967-B9BE-4C33-8B16-DB1A5000B0FB.jpg  
Old 11-09-2022, 07:02 PM   #18

Quote:
How many tubes or ounces you use?
Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #19

What's interesting is that we noticed last spring, after we took delivery of our 31UL, that the driver and passenger windows would whistle if closed and locked, so we consequently wouldn't lock them. I drove a total of 5 hours yesterday with the windows locked (I had washed the rig the day before) and there was no whistling. Maybe it's a temperature-related issue??? The temps were in the mid-60s yesterday in Maine, unseasonable for November.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:02 PM   #20

Mine seem to sound like they are squeaking. I have not tried driving with the windows unlocked. It seems there are two issues on the sub. Some experience whistles and some squeaks.