Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
Ceb

Tvs have picture but no sound

We have a 2016 Precept 31UL. Our TVs are hooked up through a matrix hdmi. It’s hooked up to all three of our TVs by cat 5 out and hdmi in. The sound recently went out on all TVs but we still get picture. If we plug the hdmi directly into the tv we have sound but it is difficult to access the back of the tv and then we have cables running through the Rv. A new matrix like the one we have is $600 and non refundable if that’s not the issue. Just checking to see if anyone else has had this issue?
Ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:57 AM   #2

So I guess you are running a DVD or firestick? So using the matrix box.

Normal tv air/cable gets sound from coax nothing to do with matrix box.

Sorry if you know that already, I have same coach and tv set up as you. I couldn't figure out from you question the source, air/cable/DVD or firestick.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
So I guess you are running a DVD or firestick? So using the matrix box.

Normal tv air/cable gets sound from coax nothing to do with matrix box.

Sorry if you know that already, I have same coach and tv set up as you. I couldn't figure out from you question the source, air/cable/DVD or firestick.
I think OP is saying that HDMI and Cat5 connect all. Sound would be sent from the main source by HDMI and or Cat5. To be honest I know little about matrix so I am probably talking out of my, well anyway just a thought.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I think OP is saying that HDMI and Cat5 connect all. Sound would be sent from the main source by HDMI and or Cat5. To be honest I know little about matrix so I am probably talking out of my, well anyway just a thought.
It does but only from DVD or a firestick device. The cable from water bay to TV's is like at home where the coax cable comes in carrying both audio and video. The matrix box just has HDMI input not coax. So when the op says he drops sound but his HDMI cable has sound, I'm guessing his coax is damaged.

But really I just asked for more info to try to help. I have the same setup and have used firestick, DVD, air, and campground cable.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #5
Ceb

Yes there is no sound when we use the dvd or our satellite dish. Haven’t tried the air/tv cable because that is a separate issue and that stopped working prior to this issue. Im pretty sure it’s the matrix but wanted to find out other opinions before spending the money. Thank you!
Old 02-04-2020, 06:15 AM   #6

It's possible to bypass matrix with a cat5 to HDMI adapter. It's pretty cheap, run your cat5 tv cable to adapter and plug into DVD player, and you could check the function of your matrix. Although my memory is coming to me now. I did this when I changed to a Samsung TV last year. I believe the matrix didn't work with it.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #7
Ceb

Do you remember what adaptor you bought? I purchased a couple Of them but we couldn’t get them to work.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #8

No sorry about that.