Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #1

Waiting for dealer to act

We got our 2017 31UL Precept a little over a year ago. We had a wonderful (but cold) trip to the SouthEast last winter and the unit performed very well. Along the way we discovered 10 or 12 items that needed warranty repair, none major (leaky kitchen faucet, broken cabinet hinge...) So I dutifully made an appointment with the selling dealer for the repairs. They gave me a date about a month out. I took it in on the agreed date. I called about 4 weeks later to check on progress and was told that it was still in the queue and they would be looking at in sometime soon. What!!?? What was the appointment for. Does the unit have to be on the lot before it enters the "queue"? I'm curious.. is this standard practice with Jayco dealers, or any RV repair center? Doesn't seem right to me.
tsmatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmatx View Post
What!!?? What was the appointment for. Does the unit have to be on the lot before it enters the "queue"? I'm curious.. is this standard practice with Jayco dealers, or any RV repair center? Doesn't seem right to me.
Unfortunately many dealers, not just JAYCO, operate that way. Unless you give them an "I need it back by date" it can sit for weeks.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #3

I hopefully avoided that problem.
I called my dealer after notifying Jayco.

My problems were the wonderful mattress and a bad folding table leg mechanism.

The dealer asked for pictures, then more different ones. Now we are waiting for a decision.

I already bought a new mattress but kept the old one pending a final decision. As the dealer is 175 miles away I will just have him mail me a new table leg and a check. He was happy for that, one less appointment and space taken up on his lot.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #4

sounds like this is possibly Camping World....... My dealership units are looked at and repaired within 1-2 days. Then if parts are needing to be ordered the customer takes their unit and get rescheduled for when parts will arrive. Havn't had to keep a camper for more then a week for a long time.
JaycoChix89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

You are fortunate JacoChix, to have such a responsive dealer... or maybe I'm unlucky and your experience is normal. I wish there was more than one within a reasonable distance. I live in North Texas. Actually, I've had some work done at CW and have been quite happy with the local one. I'll probably go back there unless I need Jayco-specific work.
tsmatx is offline   Reply With Quote