Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Wow, those are pricey slip fees! Ouch.
Actually that is on the low end for a houseboat. $4.5k is for a 54' non covered slip. They go up to $10k for a covered one capable of docking a 90' footer. Dock fees are the major cost of ownership other than the original purchase that can top $250 plus for the newer ones. Sort of like class A motorhomes, the sky is the limit. Anyway the contract for the new year is due EOM Jan. The day we closed was a very happy day even though we settled on a lower price than we were asking.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #22

Guess every one also forgot in 2017 there was a significant price INCREASE. Yes there is a bigger frame ETC... but when the dealer offers 50k it is a value that a auction gets. One last thing when Precepts first came out there floor plans colors and Quality are much better before and not now.
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #23

September 2015 bought the 16 Eagle 321 RSTS new for 40K.Glad I did not pay anymore to day it worth about what I owe!
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
September 2015 bought the 16 Eagle 321 RSTS new for 40K.Glad I did not pay anymore to day it worth about what I owe!
Not sure where that number comes from, but what its worth is not what you can expect to sell it for. In 5 months the 2019 models will start coming off the line so your 2016 will be 3 model years old. At some point the value stabilizes if it is in clean condition. Buyers of used RV's are expecting low and sellers are wanting book value. The loser will be the one that is most motivated.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:11 AM   #25

I too shopped for used and ended up buying new just because of price.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #26

We were in the market for a 45' toy hauler to prep for retirement and full timing. We shopped for 6-8 months and looked at EVERY make and model. When we started narrowing it down I also started looking at used because some folks take extremely good care of their rigs. Long story short, I ended up buying an end of the year 17 and got a brand new model with all the options. I walked out of the dealer, never had to haggle as they ended up haggling with themselves for us, all in for about $8k less than a newer used model and a 7 year warranty. How do you go wrong on a deal like that? Happy New Year to all.

Rob
7.3 Fan clutch upgrade, Mishimoto coolant filter
Airlift bags on rear
Reese 20K hitch
2005 H-D Screamin Eagle (Banana)
Wusaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #27

I purchased my new 2014 Jayco Melbourne 28F the end of November (2014) for 33% less than the MSRP so I think you are spot on 30%-35% less than MSRP for a new RV at the end of the season in the northern states. New RV is the way to go with the two year warranty in my humble opinion.
I also buy my new vehicles in December or January when dealers are trying to dump their new year old models, I wish they would give me 30%-35% less than MSRP! 😜
vixsee is offline   Reply With Quote