Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2022, 01:49 PM   #1

Whirlpool residental fridge water dispenser pressure

Hi all,

Saw a couple of posts about this issue when I searched, but none of them were helpful on my rig. The water dispenser flow on the fridge is a trickle at best.

I'm hooked up to city water with 45lbs of pressure at the spigot. The fridge manual says it requires a minimum of 30 so I'm good there. I tried removing the filter - same issue, so it's not a clogged filter (even though the filter is brand new)

Another post I found suggested looking under the slide for a pinched water line, but I don't see *any* water lines under my living room/dinette slide. There's no grille below my fridge, no valves I can see under the sink/induction stove.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
Old 04-04-2022, 05:35 PM   #2

When I picked up my Precept 36A, the supply line was shut off at the valve which was behind a panel below the front of the fridge. I would be really surprised if there is not a water supply line with a valve that can be accessed somewhere on your model. Have you tried calling the service dept at the dealer where you purchased, or Jayco customer service...I would think one of them could tell you where it was so you could at least verify it wasn't partially closed. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.
Paul P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:54 PM   #3

If you go outside and remove the panel which has your outside tv hanging on, you can then see down your wall clearly to the back of your fridge. Your water line may be visible to check for any kinks or twists in the line. This is the only way I can see my water line into the fridge. My water valve for the fridge is also in this area. Check the valve to see if it is fully turned on.
Barkie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:52 AM   #4

Haven't reached out to the dealer or Jayco motorized yet - thought I'd check here first to see if anyone had any ideas, but I'll give them both a call today to see if I can get some assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkie123 View Post
If you go outside and remove the panel which has your outside tv hanging on, you can then see down your wall clearly to the back of your fridge. Your water line may be visible to check for any kinks or twists in the line. This is the only way I can see my water line into the fridge. My water valve for the fridge is also in this area. Check the valve to see if it is fully turned on.

Hah, not sure why I didn't think of this. I looked under the sink and could see the back of that panel, but I hadn't considered going in from the TV side. Thanks for this - I will check it out today.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:38 AM   #5

I happened to notice the access when I was running HDMI cable for the TVs.
I never would have thought about it either. The more you tinker around with things the more you discover.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkie123 View Post
I happened to notice the access when I was running HDMI cable for the TVs.
I never would have thought about it either. The more you tinker around with things the more you discover.

We're full timing and just moved in to our rig this past weekend, so I haven't had much time to tinker - but that is definitely the plan!

Looks like I don't have the right size torx bits to pull off that exterior TV panel. Will have to get some next time I go out.

Brand new rig and the only problems we've had thus far was a blown fuse on the dash radio, the water pump stopped working (runs but doesn't pull water) and this water dispenser issue. After all the horror stories I've heard of problems on new rigs, I'm feeling pretty fortunate.

Hoping the water pump issue is something simple, but I've tried pulling water from the tank and siphoning from a jug, and neither work. Siphoning from a jug worked a few days ago.

Kinda worried it got damaged when the temps dipped below freezing this weekend. We'll see. It's awkward to get to on this rig.
demsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #7

For anyone that has the same issue, there's a shut-off valve that's really easily accessible from behind the bottom kitchen drawer to the immediate left of the fridge.

Remove the drawer, take a peek at the back to the right, there's a valve right on the connection between the blue pex water line and the smaller white tube that runs to the fridge.

Make sure that valve is open, and the water dispenser flows much better!