Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2021, 06:39 AM   #1

Lightbulb Added a BMPro/JayCommand BLExtender

One of three Christmas week mods.

I added the BMPro/JayCommand BLExtender to the front pass through compartment on the 2021 24BH. This gave me the ability to access the JayCommand unit while in the tow vehicle. This was done so that I could monitor tire pressure on the travel trailer while in tow. Prior to this, the bluetooth range was out of reach as the JayCommand bluetooth module was near the mid-section of the travel trailer.

I snagged a box of WAGO connectors on Amazon to keep the factory look of the wiring (albeit cleaner when I was done with it).

For anybody that is interested in the BLExtender, it is Jayco part number 2025723.

Attached is the manual from BMPro's customer support as I couldn't find it on their website and Jayco didn't have it either.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo-2021-12-15-13-34-04_5643.jpg   Photo-2021-12-15-13-16-07_5641.jpg   Photo-2021-12-15-13-16-04_5640.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 036297_M-BLExtender_v1.pdf (281.3 KB, 76 views)
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:05 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing. I'm attempting to purchase one, but for some reason the BMPRO website doesn't think I'm in the United States. I'll have to call them tomorrow. How much was yours?

https://teambmpro.com/products/bluet...ange-extender/
JuniperMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperMS View Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm attempting to purchase one, but for some reason the BMPRO website doesn't think I'm in the United States. I'll have to call them tomorrow. How much was yours?

https://teambmpro.com/products/bluet...ange-extender/
I had to order through a dealership as BMpro wouldn't sell it directly. I used Rocket City RV in Alabama, who is now Great American RV SuperStores. I haven't worked with them under their new owner.

The part was $102.52. With shipping, $126.64.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:14 AM   #4

Okay, thanks!
JuniperMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:05 PM   #5

Does it make a noticeable difference in your sensor connections?
Smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:10 PM   #6

I've seen some improvement but not as much as I expected. I'm experimenting with some external SMA-connected wired bluetooth antennas to see if I can extend the range to the cab of my truck as I intended.

I'll post my findings here. It's been quite cold and I've been unable to do tests because of the weather.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:33 PM   #7

Tpms question

Do your sensors go blank when not in use? Still highlighted white ... just not showing temp or pressure... trying to figure out if it's a bluetooth thing or they were designed that way?
Smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smabernethy View Post
Do your sensors go blank when not in use? Still highlighted white ... just not showing temp or pressure... trying to figure out if it's a bluetooth thing or they were designed that way?
My tire sensors do, but my three refrigerator sensors and two propane sensors do not.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:23 AM   #9

I'm keeping my eezTire monitor, repeater and TPMS when I trade my trailer in when the Pinnacle arrives. I think all these Tire sensor are the same...it looks the same! I plan on trying to pair the sensors that come with the trailer to my existing truck monitor. IF that works, I will reinstall the repeater on the trailer to make sure the display in the truck has a great signal.

Since they are transmitters only, and if that works with the ezzTire monitor...theoretically I should be able to receive the signal on all devices.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #10

BMPro gave me one of these extenders last year to try. While it helps it did not eliminate the dropping of the TPMS signal. I still have 1 sensor that comes and goes when ever it feels like it... I though these were part of Jaycos warranty fix for the tpms issues? You may be able to get one for free?
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:01 PM   #11

I have done some reading about the sensor issues and wonder, have any of you replaced the battery in the sensors to see if that corrects the issues? In thinking about it they seem to behave as if they are not staying fully powered. The little button cells they use are only good for a short period of time and if it sat on any shelf for a while it wont last long in use. Just a thought.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
I have done some reading about the sensor issues and wonder, have any of you replaced the battery in the sensors to see if that corrects the issues? In thinking about it they seem to behave as if they are not staying fully powered. The little button cells they use are only good for a short period of time and if it sat on any shelf for a while it wont last long in use. Just a thought.

Our TPMS sensors work great. Having said that, I replaced the battery on two of them, fixed the problem. I have also noticed that sometimes any given sensor will go blank, seems to happen more often in cold temps, and I will remove and reinstall, and it fixes the issue.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:31 AM   #13

When installing tire pressure monitors does the tire have to be balance again
evankamryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #14

@Jetlag, that is interesting. I was asking as when I received our sensors, BMPro TPMS, Temp, and Propane, I replaced the batteries then synced them all. Even after sitting in storage they all continue to work without issue. Also in cold down to 27deg. (thats the coldest we were in) But that would still make some sense if the battery isn't totally new/strong, but if you had just replaced them that doesnt make sense. My trailer is smaller at only 20' total length so on the larger trailers I am not sure.

@evankamryn, these TPMS attach to the outside of the valve stem replacing the caps. So no need to pop the bead etc.. and not any effect on balance.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
@Jetlag, that is interesting. I was asking as when I received our sensors, BMPro TPMS, Temp, and Propane, I replaced the batteries then synced them all. Even after sitting in storage they all continue to work without issue. Also in cold down to 27deg. (thats the coldest we were in) But that would still make some sense if the battery isn't totally new/strong, but if you had just replaced them that doesnt make sense. My trailer is smaller at only 20' total length so on the larger trailers I am not sure.

@evankamryn, these TPMS attach to the outside of the valve stem replacing the caps. So no need to pop the bead etc.. and not any effect on balance.
Yes, it is, note that I am getting most of these readings with the phone App and
WiFi. Sometimes, the sensor comes right back on its own. As far as traveling, they have always worked fine.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post
One of three Christmas week mods.

I added the BMPro/JayCommand BLExtender to the front pass through compartment on the 2021 24BH. This gave me the ability to access the JayCommand unit while in the tow vehicle. This was done so that I could monitor tire pressure on the travel trailer while in tow. Prior to this, the bluetooth range was out of reach as the JayCommand bluetooth module was near the mid-section of the travel trailer.

I snagged a box of WAGO connectors on Amazon to keep the factory look of the wiring (albeit cleaner when I was done with it).

For anybody that is interested in the BLExtender, it is Jayco part number 2025723.

Attached is the manual from BMPro's customer support as I couldn't find it on their website and Jayco didn't have it either.

Looks good. BTW, I love those connectors. Use them all the time
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:59 AM   #17

Alright, wrapping up my JayCommand project and can focus on this one. I have a Bluetooth-specific antenna in the 2.4Ghz range but I'm still having some issues connecting from the cab of my truck. I can, however, walk, 30 yards away and stay connected so I know the antenna is working. I can also access it from within the second story of my house. But for some reason the cab of the truck is causing issues.

I do have quite a bit of radio gear in my truck for ham-radioing so I wonder if the cab is somehow acting like a Faraday cage.

I will reposition the antenna in the coming days and see what I can figure out.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:43 PM   #18

Did the BLExtender end up helping you out much, after all? I am considering getting one so I can control the camper from a little further away outside.
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG7800 View Post
Did the BLExtender end up helping you out much, after all? I am considering getting one so I can control the camper from a little further away outside.
Ughh. I was hoping that I could access the features from my phone from within the cab of my truck but it won’t reach. I can access the camper from 30 yards away line of sight, but still not within the truck. I’m wondering if the frame and body are acting like a faraday cage.

So, line of sight - works great. In the cab, not at all and that is where I wanted to access the system.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:53 PM   #20

Ah, sorry to hear that. I had that same exact issue with my old 2018 Tundra acting like a faraday cage, but have so far lucked out with the 2021 F350.
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24bh, blextender, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand