Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM   #1

E-Z Lift Ventadome Upgrades?

Hey guys. I'm trying to come up with some ideas for improving the performance of the stock powered bathroom vent with that little 6" fan. Being brand new, I'm hoping to avoid tearing the entire housing out of the roof to install a completely new fan.

However, with the E-Z Lift set up, I'm not seeing many upgrade options that would seem to work. I wonder if anyone has successfully upgraded the E-Z Lift housing to work with one of the aftermarket larger fan inserts?

TIA!
Old 02-14-2024, 09:18 AM   #2

Welcome Aboard!

Youtube might be your friend. I found this video with a quick search.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:41 AM   #3

Jagiven - Thanks for the reply, but this is not applicable. I have the E-Z Lift Ventadome. This has the T-Handle lift.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1000_.jpg

As you can see, on the one where he was dealing with the Ventadome hand crank version, he ended up removing the entire vent from the roof.

While I might go down that path after the warranty is over, for the first two years, I'd like to find a way to improve things until then. I just cannot seem to find any of these bolt-on aftermarket inserts that work with the E-Z Lift Ventadomes?
Old 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM   #4

Welcome aboard as well

I am not overly clear on what you are trying to improve upon, (I did read you stated performance though). These fans, in fact all of the RV 6" vent fans, are not designed to be a whole RV exhaust or intake for the RV such as a 12" vent fan is, and instead the idea is that from the same vent, bathroom air goes out and fresh air comes in and this design is common for the bathroom for odor and humidity control. In other words they are designed to ventilate the bathroom without pulling in outside air through the entire RV. (this helps with cooling and heating of the rest of the RV).

What I have done to help sometimes is to use the larger and quieter 12" roof van in the back of the RV on the intake setting and that will push a lot of air out of the bathroom vent.

Short of accepting the noisy 6" fan and how it operates, I don't see any way to install a 12" fan insert with your setup as the T-handle doesn't allow for that. There are vent covers though that have fans and install from the roof top side that may work for you. ~CA
Old 02-14-2024, 11:02 AM   #5

Hi Craig,

I am not looking to ventilate the entire trailer - to simply remove the humidity from showers, etc, and I am concerned this 6" fan isn't going to do it. The 265TH only has two roof openings - One for the ducted A/C in the Kitchen area and one in the bath with this ridiculous, almost worthless fan. As such, I cannot use the A/C to pressurize the trailer to help push air out of the bath vent. Plus of course, the rear door will be open alot of the time that would cancel that strategy anyway.

I did contemplate installing a second 6" fan on the other side of the cross-member using the same fan blade, support and motor, and simply wiring them together, but obviously the performance would still be pretty poor after a $70 investment. I have been looking into better 6" fans but again, you can only do so much with that 6" limitation.

Again, I do fully understand that I am extremely limited with the options with this vent. My objective is to keep the housing until after the warranty expires. If I just limit my mods to the existing housing, then that will not effect the roof warranty.

I was hoping that someone might have thought of something I didn't that could at least improve things a bit.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:08 PM   #6

Just a thought, if you were to know that changing the roof vent didn't affect your roof warranty, would you do something different? Point being, I think your warranty would not be affected with the install of a better roof vent except, if your install was defective and caused the leak (and then only that leak would not be covered but the roof top still would be). It is very easy to install a leakproof vent and use the same dicor the factory uses or imo better yet eternabond tape. I can understand your concerns though and as a second thought is that you could have your dealer install it for you. ~CA
Old 02-14-2024, 01:57 PM   #7

Thanks Craig. This is my 3rd Jayco. However, this is the first one I've purchased Post-Thor. In the old days, Jayco was very accommodating on a lot of things. It was not unusual for them to handle things after the warranty - even a couple of years past, and even provide tips for mods, etc. As you know, those kinds of things don't happen anymore.

I made two minor requests during the current purchase process that got denied by Jayco that I won't get into. They are absolutely not as accommodating as they once were. I'm sure nobody will disagree with that.

Yes, replacing the vent is not terribly difficult. Certainly not fun carefully scaping all of the old sealant, but pretty straight forward. The dealer stated that unless they do the install, at a ridiculous cost - and I bought the fan through them at a premium, if there were any issues with the roof in that proximity (note the vague term), the warranty would be void. The quote was absurd.

Clearly this is a gray area that I don't care to deal with right out of the gate. You are aware that there is no applicable MMWA for RV's. There is no resources or agencies to force the Mfr to prove the mod directly caused the issue. You are pretty much at the whim of the RV Mfr to cover a warranty issue. If you get denied, you are pretty well SOL. Telling a dealer that you decided to deny them the work, will certainly not get them on your side should something come up.

That said, think you alluded to a Roof Vent mount fan. Are you saying a MaxxAir kind of thing, with an externally mounted fan? If so, can you please share some info there. That might be something worth exploring. I've never seen anything like that. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2024, 02:55 PM   #8

I should have checked for one before I mentioned anything, as on my previous RV I installed one that worked well but I cannot find anywhere they are sold now. What I installed was similar to this but instead of a simple grill for the air to go out there was a powerful fan that I wired to the existing wires under the vent. Not that I am suggesting to build your own, but it wasn't all that special, again just one of these (similar and I don't know who manufactured it) with a powerful 8~10" fan at the grill. I will search more perhaps this evening, but a quick check didn't find any like that I had purchased and installed. ~CA

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...-cover_31-2019
Old 02-14-2024, 03:12 PM   #9

I found what I had owned and it worked well for me and I suspect it would have worked well for you. Except no one sells these anymore that I could find. Sorry about that. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 02-14-2024, 03:18 PM   #10

Craig, I have been searching as well, and I don't think they make those any more either. Gosh, that would have been perfect. Thanks for trying!
Old 02-14-2024, 04:55 PM   #11
Site Team

https://www.maxxair.com/about/

https://vanpartswarehouse.com/produc...saAgWUEALw_wcB

Keep looking, you may find one somewhere that is for sale.

I see one on ebay but they sure are expensive now.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:56 PM   #12

Thanks Norty. That model Craig posted a pic of is not the Deluxe 7500K. I recall seeing those many years ago, but after reviewing old manuals on Maxxair's site, I still cannot figure out what it was called. That would have worked perfectly. Not sure why they stopped making them?
Old 02-14-2024, 11:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoringbear View Post
Thanks Norty. That model Craig posted a pic of is not the Deluxe 7500K. I recall seeing those many years ago, but after reviewing old manuals on Maxxair's site, I still cannot figure out what it was called. That would have worked perfectly. Not sure why they stopped making them?
I believe it is (was) call "Turbo Maxx" from maxxair. ~CA
Old 02-15-2024, 07:51 AM   #14

Thanks Craig - That is indeed the model name. Seems it was dropped around 10 years ago. Seems like it was a great option. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:00 AM   #15

I replaced mine with the ten speed MaxAir Deluxe with remote control. I now no longer need to stand on a stool to open the vent or turn on/off the stupid switch. Fits the same size opening and is easy to install. Lots of videos out there to watch. Make sure you have enough Dicor flowable sealant to do the job.
Rick,
CBCO/CRBO
2021 29RKS
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:32 AM   #16

Lots of great options if you want to remove the entire vent which is what I would prefer not to do during the warranty period, as mentioned. The dealer put me in a tight spot by quoting it at $500 for the install plus the new vent to "preserve the warranty". They also wanted $800 labor to swap the A/C from a 13.5K to a 15K. We all know those are some pretty absurd prices, but naturally these dealers have us by the short hairs in many regards. So again, the effort was to search for options that would work with the existing housing. Yes, I fully realize that a whole new housing would be the superior solution.