Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUSNRet View Post
Those look great. We plan to do the same. My only question is, are they bolted down? Thanks for the pictures.
Yes, I used sheet rock screws through the frame right into the slide base. Easy to do and very solid.
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #22

Good plan. Thanks.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #23

We’re looking to do this also

We found 2 nice reclining rockers that would fit in the small space at a manufacturing company in Riverside CA. Then at a rv dealer in Temecula CA we found reclining chairs with a cup holdercenter piece. We were told by the service dept. the only problem is securing them in the slider since the bolts, nuts and washers cannot interfere with the slider mechanisms. We’re hoping they go on sale, then we’re going to attempt to replace the couch. If you encounter any problems other than what we were told, please pass it along. Thanks.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #24

Lazy boy recliners. when slide is closed they cannot move around!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1 View Post
I'm looking to replace my Trifold couch with hugging recliners. I've been all over this sight looking to see if anyone has done this with any pics or videos of this, but haven't had any luck. I have a 2018 31QBDS and don't plan on using this for a bed, since I have plenty. This couch is so uncomfortable and want something better. Thanks for any help you can provide.
I changed my jackknife sofa to plush recliners. Had to modify the slide out floor some but nothing serious. I am traveling now but bought the recliner and had it shipped to me. Best investment I ever made. I have pictures at home that I can send in atwo weeks. I would be willing to give you all that I know. Did the install by myself at the age of 64....
Parhole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
Recpro is one stop shopping. Excellelent company to deal with. Great prices. Wait for 10% sale almost every holiday.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Recpro is one stop shopping. Excellelent company to deal with. Great prices. Wait for 10% sale almost every holiday.

X2 - exactly what I did. Excellent quality and comfort, very fair pricing, free fast shipping and a great company to do business with. Installation is a breeze !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #28

we took out the dinette and put in two wall hugger Lazy Boy recliners - best decision we made
papaproctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #29

lazy boy recliners

see pics of recliners
papaproctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #30

We haven't done this personally but I know that Lippert Components will do it for you. They have beautiful, very comfortable power (or no power) recliners they can install. Two of the other customers while we were there were having those installed
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #31

We have a Greyhawk 29ME, and one of the first things we did was pull out the ridiculous loveseat on the right slide. It was hard and terribly uncomfortable.

We purchased a powered double recliner from American Furniture Warehouse. The backs of the double recliner just clip on and are easily removed to get it through the door. The recliner is a wall hugger model, so the recliner back dips perfectly below the window valance when extended.

The front of the recliner frame extends over the slide edge, so I built a rolling platform that clips to the slide to cover the void left by the loveseat. We even had it upholstered to match the area carpet. When the slide is actuated, the platform just rolls along with the slide it is attached to. Works perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Powered recliner.jpg   Platform.jpg  
Flight Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #32

Double recliner install

Almost done. Still have to finish the "kick" panel install but really happy with how it turned out.
GM'sEnvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:02 AM   #33

For all you folks who have done/are doing this mod, can y'all put up pics when you're done?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 AM   #34

Nice Job and more comfortable.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:02 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM'sEnvoy View Post
Almost done. Still have to finish the "kick" panel install but really happy with how it turned out.
Duh! Guess my post might be a bit more meaningful if I actually attached the pic I was referring to. Trying again. This is in our Envoy. Recpro double recliner. Bottom pic is with the jack knife sofa removed. Middle one is the uncomfortable sofa.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180926_183115200.jpg   Before.jpg   Removed.jpg  
GM'sEnvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #36

Jackknife Sofa to Loveseat Recliner

I had a 2014 Sporttrek 250VRK TT prior to my 2018 Precept 31UL. We loved the TT except for the jackknife sofa due to not needing an extra sleeping area for just my wife and me I purchased a Loveseat from Master Craft Inc.
http://www.innovationandvalue.com/
The two ladies we dealt with that are in their overstock showroom are:
Malinda R. Mills showroom@mastercraftincorporated.com (manager)
Barb A. Dermott Barb@mastercraftincorporated.com
The phone number to get them is 888-522-5652
They were very helpful with measurements and pictures of what we purchased. We got a great price including shipping to my house. The 3 piece came apart and the backs lifted off to get thru the TT door. From the pictures the Loveseat was deeper that the slide so I screwed a 5/8 piece of plywood to the black floor of the TT. The cut rug was folded over the plywood and stapled. The short area where the carpet did not fill on the plywood was covered with a carpet remnant from the box store as it did not show. The loveseat was then bolted to the base and the TT floor with lag bolts. The wall hugger loveseat/recliner when fully opened left barely enough room to walk past from the kitchen area to the bath and bedroom. Much more comfortable. At some point I may change the Precept loveseat/recliner to a Mastercraft....much more comfortable and worth the investment.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2923.jpg   IMG_2924.jpg   IMG_2927.jpg   IMG_2929.jpg   IMG_2930.jpg  

IMG_2932.jpg   IMG_2933.jpg  
Old 12-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #37

Anyone concerned about the weight on a slideout?
ml4moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #38

Slide Weight

Before I started this project I was concerned about the weight I might add. When I calculated what I was able to store under the jackknife sofa, the weight of the plywood and the new love seat, I added between 40 to 60 lbs on the slide. Then I considered my weight of 200 lbs and my wife's of 100 lbs....I figured I could sleep like a baby and I did. If you are concerned then you could purchase camping world jack-in-a-box-slide-out-stabilizers Good Luck and enjoy being in a recliner just like home.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #39

Went to their site but was unable to see any samples of recliners? Do they have a website for that? Do you mind if I ask the cost & what the size is of the recliners pictured. Our jack knife sofa is 58" so planning to remove the sofa & dinette to steal a little extra space for recliners with the middle cupholders, etc.
Appreciate your assistance. We are newbies planning a long trip & hubby not mechanically inclined and don't want dealer to rip us off!
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkinder View Post
Went to their site but was unable to see any samples of recliners? Do they have a website for that? Do you mind if I ask the cost & what the size is of the recliners pictured. Our jack knife sofa is 58" so planning to remove the sofa & dinette to steal a little extra space for recliners with the middle cupholders, etc.
Appreciate your assistance. We are newbies planning a long trip & hubby not mechanically inclined and don't want dealer to rip us off!

This thread has more than one recliner example, so I'm not sure who you're addressing your questions to. The gray recliner early in the thread is my handywork. We got the powered recliner from American Furniture Warehouse. They have a presence in many cities in the West. I believe the double powered recliner cost around $1,100.

If I were to do it again, I would get the double powered recliner offered by CampingWorld. Each side has a cupholder and a seat vibrator. How cool is that? And the price, as I recall, is well under $1,000. The Camping World website is down right now, so I can't go get a photo or verify the $.

But either way, I needed to build the rolling platform to support the front frame of the recliner.

Hope this helps.
Flight Control is offline   Reply With Quote