Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #1

Wanted a bit more light

Long story short, my old 345bhs has some years to her, and as a result there are some dumb failures that are sun related, like losing a marker light lens.
I've never really been happy with the look of the rear corner marker lamp, mostly because they are shallow enough to be a right pain to see in my trucks mirrors.
Cue, the 2" LED beehive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_170931.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	42911

My apologies for the sideways image, still getting used to the new hosting methods.

Now despite having backup lights mounted underneath, I apparently am never satisfied. I found I couldn't see as much as I wanted up higher... like awning kissing tree height.
So, more is better right?
I added one led mini bar to each side, and one inside the front locker, where I store a bunch of my blocking.

As for the way everything is wired, my pre-existing backup lights were already triggered off the middle wire of my 7-way plug, which then switched a relay to draw power off the house batteries, saving me from having all the power coming out of the truck harness.
This made it simple to not only add the additional lighting without having to increase wiring size, but also to add a switch in the front locker to trigger the relay to allow me to use all the backup lights as work lamps.

The wiring is still a bit of a mess right now, I plan to clean it up some and rework it once I figure out how much I like it, and / or if I want to add a way to power the marker lights while parked off the truck for.... dunno... ambiance?

Name:	20180805_192327.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	42912

Name:	20180805_203506.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	42913

Name:	20180805_214053.jpg