Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2021, 04:58 PM   #1

2021 JAY FEATHER MICRO- Model 199MBS

Does anyone happen to have a 199 MBS on order, or perhaps even have gotten one in the recent future?
firemanvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #2

Afternoon firemanvin,

My wife and I put down a deposit on a 199MBS through Campingworld. We saw the smaller 166 and liked it, but opted to wait for a 199MBS to come in. We are still researching the prices as this would be our first TT.

We are military and moving to Alaska in June, so this would be primarily for camping in Alaska over the next several years as so many of our friends have recommended getting a TT to do that with our kids.
10mtntiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mtntiger View Post
Afternoon firemanvin,

My wife and I put down a deposit on a 199MBS through Campingworld. We saw the smaller 166 and liked it, but opted to wait for a 199MBS to come in. We are still researching the prices as this would be our first TT.

We are military and moving to Alaska in June, so this would be primarily for camping in Alaska over the next several years as so many of our friends have recommended getting a TT to do that with our kids.
Thanks for responding. Last December I got a price quote from a large dealership in the upstate capital region of New York. It was about 32 percent less than the currently posted MSRP, so that should help with your price research. Although, why would you be researching the price if you already put money down on the 199MBS? I would think that a price would have been agreed upon. Anyway, I decided to use the quoted price and order it from a local and much smaller dealership here in Eastern Long Island (Suffolk County, New York). As of current, my dealer advised me that the trailer is finished and waiting to be shipped. Unfortunately New York is and unpopular route for truckers so it may take a while. I am getting very impatient at this point in time. My first camping trip is planned for Lake George for Memorial Day weekend with my Navy veteran son and his family. I also have several local trips planned for the summer, including 2 beachfront weeks with a full hookup, unlimited A/C, showering, and pooping!

So, what branch of the service are you in? My son graduated from Annapolis in 2013 and served as a sub officer (Lt - O3). He separated last year but stayed in the active reserve.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #4

We put down the deposit just to hold the trailer until we had a chance to look at it and make a decision on moving forward, basic option contract. So your 32 percent is actually extremely helpful. It appears, through my research that the 199MBS are realistically priced between 26-28K fully loaded. I had no idea the markup on these trailers was so significant, so very thankful for you all on this forum.

It sounds like you have a great lineup for this summer! I hope you get your trailer soon so you can get after it. I graduated from West Point in 2004 so please let your son know I said Go Army, Beat Navy! I am actually in the Air Force now, with another 6 years to go until retirement. I really enjoyed New York, so many nice areas and I was stationed upstate at Fort Drum for several years and loved the Tug Hill Plateau and Great Lakes.

We are heading to Alaska in about 6 weeks, still no trailer here so we might have to go without or try locating one along the drive up. I have a 2015 Toyota Tundra 4WD, so the 199MBS is about the max of what I want to haul given it will probably crush my already dismal gas mileage on the 4000 mile trip. Everyone we have talked to said to bring a trailer to Alaska for use during the spring/summer/fall, so I was really hoping we would get a shot at the 199MBS. Fingers crossed as we still have a few more weeks to go.
10mtntiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #5

Thanks for getting back to me. The salesman at the dealership advised me that my 199MBS came off the assembly line and is completed. It is currently waiting to be transported to New York, however I was advised that New York is not a desirable route for truckers; I guess it's the New York traffic. Anyway, I e-mailed the regional sales manager for Jayco, swallowed my price, and whined like a little baby about wanting my toy. He got back to me within a couple of days and told me that he's expediting the shipment and it should be here no later than the beginning of next week. Fingers crossed!

Oddly, my son's 4 years by the bay didn't really turn him into much of a football fan, so your "Go Army, Beat Navy" would not get much of a rise out of him. He was just very lucky that Navy did well for the 4 years he was at the Academy, so he reaped the benefits of the liberties. My older son and I are more the die hard Navy fans. We have been to nearly every Army Navy game since my younger son started in 2009. I still buy season tickets to the Navy games in Annapolis, have gone to two Navy / Notre Dame Games, and buy anywhere from 4 to 8 tickets to the Army Navy game every year. We totally love it. This year the A/N game is at MetLife stadium in NJ; only about 60 miles from home this year.

My son had gotten a letter of assurance for West Point in July of 2008 for the class of 2009. He just needed a nomination. But then he got a letter of assurance from Annapolis in October and decided to take the Annapolis offer when he got a nomination in January. He did very well there. He even finished all of his coursework early so they let him go to the University of Maryland and earn a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering while we was still a Midshipman. He loved the opportunity to go to a civilian college while still being in Annapolis. And not to mention the fact that his girlfriend (now wife) was going to Loyola and had an apartment nearby. What a racket! He graduated / commissioned Annapolis May of 2013 and graduated University of Maryland in December.

You are really going to beat the pant off of your truck pulling the 199MBS 4,000 miles. Because of the slide out it has a relatively high tongue weight. Maybe it would be better to buy the trailer up on Alaska? You'll save $$$ in gas and wear and tear on your truck. I'll let you know when my 199MBS comes in and even post some pictures. Take care.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #6

My 199 MBS arrive at the dealership on 4/28. I went the morning of 4/30 to give it a once over. I should be picking it up next week. I added a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0788.jpg   IMG_0789.jpg   IMG_0796.jpg   IMG_0797.jpg   IMG_0798.jpg  

IMG_0799.jpg   IMG_0790.jpg   IMG_0791.jpg   IMG_0795.jpg  
Old 10-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #7

What was your loaded tongue weight? I understand it differs based on packing, etc, but I’d like an idea. Some trailer are front heaving and just looking for a ballpark.
McMullap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanvin View Post
My 199 MBS arrive at the dealership on 4/28. I went the morning of 4/30 to give it a once over. I should be picking it up next week. I added a few pictures.
Any updates? How are you liking the 199MBS?
Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote