Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I made sure to get an "overrated" jack for the job since I was not just lifting the tongue of the trailer, but the rear of my truck to get the WDH bars on easier.
Yes, Overrated!!
Go for quality!!!
Pat
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:05 PM   #22

Tongue jack

We had a power jack replaced under warranty after about a year of ownership. Water got in and corroded parts which eventually failed. Once we got it replaced I started putting a 5 gallon bucket over it. Has worked well for 8 years now.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #23

Husky

Cost conscious investment for my old 27BH at $280.00 on Amazon last summer.
Tommyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
Seems like a lot of folks are impressed with the Husky Brute. I've been researching this for a while and while the Husky is a popular unit, I'm leaning in a different direction. In the course of my research, I found that the Husky, while designed and engineered in the US, is being built and assembled in China. Nothing totally wrong with that, just my personal preference. For folks that have and like the Husky, great, more power to them. When I do need to replace my jack (and I won't do it out of my pocket as long as the trailer is under warranty or its an emergency situation) I will be going with a Barker VIP jack. Made in the USA, if I go with the 3500, which is overkill, it has a 18 or 24 inch stroke, torque limit switch for extension and retraction, bolted on foot pad 2 year warranty, can easily have the head turned to give you more room for your tail or lift gate depending on your tow vehicle, and the same ball screw design as the Husky. It also has a built in level you can calibrate yourself on top of the jack. The level is easily removed in case you need to manually raise or lower the jack.
And Barker stands behind their products. My jack was three yers old and the weld on the tube to the plate was cracking, one quick call and I had a new jack the next day. I found my jack in the warehouse deals section on Amazon, was brand new for $88, one of the better deals I have found.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #25

Thanks!
bobuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #26

Since I am not handy I am going to have Camping World do this for me next year when I go solo RVing. I can do most things but then again it is electrical and I for one have had bad experiences adding a new electrical device to a trailer. Your trailer and my trailer look almost identical. Except I went with a coachman because the dealership didn't have what I wanted. I love mine. Enjoy your new toy. Thanks for the advice all.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:24 AM   #27

Interesting

Camper Bob, interesting note on your OEM electric jack filling with water and failing. Ours did the same after only 1 year, Poor design, split cowling design with no seal... daaa
Not impressed with Jayco on this item...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I replaced the OEM jack on my trailer after it filled with water and failed.

I made sure to get an "overrated" jack for the job since I was not just lifting the tongue of the trailer, but the rear of my truck to get the WDH bars on easier.

I purchased a Husky Brute, and it was one of the best "mods" I ever did to that trailer. Ball bearing screw drive, weatherproof head, and used an auto-reset breaker instead of a fuse.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Camper Bob, interesting note on your OEM electric jack filling with water and failing. Ours did the same after only 1 year, Poor design, split cowling design with no seal... daaa
Not impressed with Jayco on this item...
It was terrible. I dumped like probably a half cup of water out of it when I took it off? And it hadn't rained in a VERY long time!

I had a bucket on it for a long time, but the UV got to it and it disintegrated. I also couldn't drive with the bucket on, and it ALWAYS rains when we go out.

The Brute had a MUCH better design for keeping out the elements.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #29

I found a jack cover on Amazon. Slips on and has a drawstring at the bottom. Holds up well outside and protects the jack. Worth the expense. About $13.
Red Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #30

I also just bought a cover on amazon, $11.
bobuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuva View Post
I'm a new owner of a Jay Flight SLX 193RB and want to purchase a power tongue jack. Are there any specifications that I need to consider?

I've seen on Amazon, and in other reviews, that this one from Lippert is supposed to be pretty good. Does anyone have opinions on this jack or anything related to using one with a 193RB?

Thanks!
Whichever one you decide on, purchase a vinyl cover for it, keeps the weather off and out of the head.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuva View Post
Thanks! I'll first checkout some youtubers then decide if I want to try it myself.
Hook up to your truck.........then remove the 3 bolts. It’s that easy.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #33

I have the 184BS and bought the husky brute also. Very easy to install just hook up to your truck first. My tail gate still opens with this model also.

Tags
electric jack