Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #1

Post City Water on Skylark

We just bought a 2011 Skylark and are trying to familiarize ourselves with all the systems. Unless I misread the owner's manual, it said that you can fill the fresh water tank using the gravity fill or city water. If that is the case, how do you prevent filling the tank when using the city water? We don't dry camp, so we usually put only a couple of gallons in the fresh water tank for when we are traveling in case we need to use the bathroom.
kathydavis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #2

If that is what is actually says, I would assume they mean you can use a hose to fill the FW tank or you can shuttle water to the TT in a container of some sort and pour it in. To supply (pressurize) your water system with a direct connection to city/campground water that is a different connection from where you fill the FW holding tank.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. Prior to the Skylark, we had a 2002 Jayco Greyhawk Class C that only had the city water connection that was used to fill the FW tank but it had valves inside the coach that you could open or close depending on whether or not you wanted to fill the FW tank. Since there are no valves, except for the low point drains, in the Skylark we figured the city water connection would not fill the tank but wanted to be sure.
kathydavis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #4

you do have a valve which you can open or close to the fresh water tank, it may be hiding behind a hose near the floor, top right of the pump in the corner.
Skylerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to 2008jeep
Filling Your Jayco Skylark Water Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydavis22 View Post
We just bought a 2011 Skylark and are trying to familiarize ourselves with all the systems. Unless I misread the owner's manual, it said that you can fill the fresh water tank using the gravity fill or city water. If that is the case, how do you prevent filling the tank when using the city water? We don't dry camp, so we usually put only a couple of gallons in the fresh water tank for when we are traveling in case we need to use the bathroom.
My wife and I purchased our Skylark in Nov. 2011 and now have 6000 miles and 30 day vacation under our belt and so far the trailer has been great for the two of us and our Sheltie Dog. I filled the water tank with 15 gallons of water using the white hose I got with the trailer and used our soft water system for the filling. I did add Two Tablespoons of Clorox to the water as I didn't plan on using it except for Just In Case situations. When we parked for the night or several days, we used the water filter and what ever water was available at the campground full hook up sites. So far, by the time we got home, the water was still at 2/3 according to the electric guage. Now that we're home, I drained the fresh water and refilled it again and added the Clorox (I remember those Clorox scented days from Viet Nam) and will keep the water for several months as the just in case of an emergency water. After a number of months I'll drain and refill the tank again. It's worked well for us so far.
2008jeep is offline   Reply With Quote