Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #11

I learned the plumbing issue with the last hybrid. As the wife was doing some dishes I heard the infamous "you might want to come take a look at this". Needless to say the drain separated. Ever since I check regularly. Thanks for the suggestion BlueHaul.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Six nights over memorial day in Montauk, NY. Weather was less than cooperative with cold, rain and high winds. We certainly put the trailer through a workout for a first trip. 6 volt batteries handle the load of heater and lighting (all LED) and radio without a hiccup. All I can say is the trailer was great out of the box. Not a single issue (knock on wood). Next trip is jull hookups so we can use the AC and the electric water heater option.
Johnny5, how did the Av do with the 28dsbh?

I have a 2011 Av and I'm considering a 28dsbh as well. As far as I can tell, the 6000lb TT with modest cargo and the family will only be 1000lb less than the 14000lb gcvw. Thanks.

Andy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #13

When we picked it up I had 3.73 gears with the heavy duty tow package. It towed fine empty. Right after delivery I had the gears changed to 4.10's. The Avalanche pulled just fine. I thought the 800 lb Trunnion bars on my Reese Straight line were a bit light. I just purchased the 1200lb bars and will make the adjustments next weekend. The truck handled the weight just fine. Tranny temps never went over 175. I don't think I'd want to tow through the mountains but here in the Northeast it's fairly flat. This is as big a trailer as I would tow with the Avalanche. I am careful about packing it up and agree loaded with the family there's probably a 1000lb margin. Most of our towing is 70 miles or less out to the end of L.I.