Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Coast, B.C.
Posts: 177
Whitehawk vent covers

Has anyone been able to install a vent cover ( i.e. maxxair ) over their vent in the bathroom on the 28DSBH whitehawk?

My dealer says it can't be done. Black tank air vent is to close to the bathroom air vent to fit properly. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
2010 F150 with tow package "sweet ride "
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH.
Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
I had the same problem on another Jayco. I removed the vent cap to get to the vent pipe. Bought a PVC collar and a piece of PVC pipe long enough to put the vent above the Maxair.
__________________

James Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmaniacs View Post
Has anyone been able to install a vent cover ( i.e. maxxair ) over their vent in the bathroom on the 28DSBH whitehawk?

My dealer says it can't be done. Black tank air vent is to close to the bathroom air vent to fit properly. Any ideas?
How close is the bathroom vent to the stack? I had an issue with mine when I installed the Maxx Air II over the bathroom vent. I had to use my angle drill to drill one of the 3/16" hole that I needed. Overall it was very simple to do. Now that being said, it was also tight on the inside due to the position of the fan motor mount on the housing. I left the vent open during a rainfall and the Max Air kept hte rain out!
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Coast, B.C.
Posts: 177
The vent pipe is about 2 inches from the bathroom vent cover....
__________________
2010 F150 with tow package "sweet ride "
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH.
Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Wow...is the vent stack centered to the bathroom vent? There is a chance the Maxx air cover might fit the mounting brackets are about 2" long
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
Wow...is the vent stack centered to the bathroom vent? There is a chance the Maxx air cover might fit the mounting brackets are about 2" long
I was just over on the Maxx Air II website and it showed the width of the Maxx Air vent cover at 20 1/4" measure the width of your existing vent and subtract it from 20 1/4" and divide by 2. that should give you the measurement that you will need between the stack and your bathroom vent in order to fit the maxx Air II vent cover as long vent stack doesn't interfer with the drilling of the required holes. If this figure exceeds the distance beween the stack and your existing vent then it will not fit. I hope that that makes sense?
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Coast, B.C.
Posts: 177
Thanks for the info.... I'll take a look this weekend. How's the new trailer? Are you getting out much?

Cheers
__________________
2010 F150 with tow package "sweet ride "
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH.
Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Aldergrove British Columbia
Posts: 815
I installed the camping world version of the Maxair 2s over the fan in the bathroom. There was just enough room for it to fit. I got the smoke colored ones and am happy that they fit on the roof and had clearance for the fan.
__________________
Richard
2011 Jay Feather Select 28U
2007 Silverado Crewcab LT 6.0L
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmaniacs View Post
Thanks for the info.... I'll take a look this weekend. How's the new trailer? Are you getting out much?

Cheers
Yup, 4 weekends so far, going again, next weekend and the Canada Day long weekend. I will then be on vacation, and will try for Alice Lake
__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond B.C.
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
I was just over on the Maxx Air II website and it showed the width of the Maxx Air vent cover at 20 1/4" measure the width of your existing vent and subtract it from 20 1/4" and divide by 2. that should give you the measurement that you will need between the stack and your bathroom vent in order to fit the maxx Air II vent cover as long vent stack doesn't interfer with the drilling of the required holes. If this figure exceeds the distance beween the stack and your existing vent then it will not fit. I hope that that makes sense?
When measuring the vent, measure the frame portion not the plastic cover
__________________

__________________
2012 Jayfeather X213
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab 4x4
Westerncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.