Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #11

And to add to what Clutch said, I would think that Jayco would still support you given that the problem is well documented while within the warranty period. It's worth checking out.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
And to add to what Clutch said, I would think that Jayco would still support you given that the problem is well documented while within the warranty period. It's worth checking out.
Yes, when I talked to the Jayco rep I told this was my main concern. The Rep stated that since this is an on-going problem, Jayco will take care of it until the issue is resolved.

I still believe in the Jayco product and regardless of the leak, my family and I love the trailer. I'm confident that the leak will be fixed via Jayco warranty.

chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #13

As of today, the unit is now at the dealership..........we will see what the outcome will be this time
Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #14

I am wishing you the best.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #15

Well, the TT has been in the shop for the last week and a half. I have spoken to Jayco twice since it went in. They have pics and everything is documented concerning the leak. My dealership says they found the problem and they have a new access door for the front storage compartment on order. I hope that will do the trick, if not Jayco said not to worry, they will take care of it until it's resolved. The Jayco rep also told me something that was rather insteresting; she said that Jayco will, more times than not, go good on warranty work up to six months past the 2 year warranty date??

Anyway, it seems as though everything is working out and we will be well on our way to another successful camping season!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
snip.......she said that Jayco will, more times than not, go good on warranty work up to six months past the 2 year warranty date??....snip
Chopshop,

I've heard that Jayco, and other RV manufactures, honor some warranty work outside the base warranty period, but I'm sure this is on a case-by-case basis. Service history, nature of warranty claim being requested, condition of TT, dealer supporting customer claim, etc., I'm sure all play into a warranty service claim being granted outside the warranty period.

Is there any evidence of moisture "above" the access door cutout from inside the storage area??

If in fact the new access door addresses the water pooling issue in the storage compartment, then it sounds like the issue with the front Filon cap had an unrelated root cause.

Just curious, your dealer stated that most of the hardware on the top edge was rusted, what was the actual root cause of the moisture that damaged the Filon cap??

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #17

Bob,
First, I have not personally seen any damage due to moisture on the top of the access door, nor have I sat inside the storage area with the door closed like the service dept has. Service told Jayco that they did just that and could see daylight through the top of the access door where it's mounted on the trailer.......This is what Jayco told me yesterday, I have yet to hear from the dealer about it.

Secondly, at this point I would have to say that the Filon cap is an unrelated issue. Nevertheless, it was leaking water from the top of the Filon where it meets the roof. Was it causing water to pool up on the floor? That's a hard one to answer.

Lastly, I would have to say that the water damage to the Filon came from where it meets the roof, I assume it was a bad sealing of some sort.

I will post what the dealer has to say when they call me, can you think of any questions I should be asking them?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Chopshop,

The fact that they are seeing "daylight" along the top edge of the access door cutout sounds like they found the root cause, because if the water source was coming from a higher point one would think there would be evidence of a moisture trail based on the amount of water pooling.

Since you had an issue with the front Filon cap delaminating (assuming roof/cap joint root cause), I would look closely at the outer Filon "sidewalls" and make sure there aren't any signs of delamination as well........, just to rule out any possible issues with the roof/sidewall joints, or leaks around the marker lights.

Sounds like you and the dealer are staying on top of the leaking issue, and good to hear that Jayco is being supportive as well.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #19

Dealer is replacing the access door to the storage area where the water is present. Jayco also advised them to remove all the windows in the unit and re-seal all of them (nice of Jayco!). So far everything is going great and hopefully it will be ready by 4/28, it will be time to take to the mountains for the summer!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Chopshop,

I hope the storage door R&R resolves your leak issue...., and re-sealing the windows is an interesting gesture.

Enjoy the mountains!

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS