Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #1

x213 slide out problem v2

I think I put this in the incorrect forum. So I apologize if this hits several times.
I have a 2017 x213 just over a year old and am having to replace the bedroom slide motor. Have any of you x213 owners had the same issue? When I talked to the rv mechanic he said the weight of the bed on the lippert frame is way to heavy for the size of the motor. I talked to the lippert customer service unit and they stated that the motor is designed to carry so much weight on its frame. My second question is, do the engineers from jayco work with the engineers from lippert to ensure that the weight parameters are sufficient to not over stress the motor? Jayco customer service stated that the bed will hold 1000 lbs when extended which sounds sufficient. However, how much weight will the bed hold when sliding in and out of the trailer and not harm the motor? There seems to be a big difference in the weight tolerance. I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks. Frank
franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #2

Lippert blames Jayco all the time saying they only build to the specs of Jayco.On the other hand what type slide do you have? We are going on are third year with are Eagle no bad motors yet. Are you lubricating those motors? We never crank in the bed slide with any extra weight.Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #3

it is a above floor bedroom slide system by lippert. The rails are on the bottom of the carriage. The motor is in the center with arms going to cogs on each side.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks View Post
I think I put this in the incorrect forum. So I apologize if this hits several times.
I have a 2017 x213 just over a year old and am having to replace the bedroom slide motor. Have any of you x213 owners had the same issue? When I talked to the rv mechanic he said the weight of the bed on the lippert frame is way to heavy for the size of the motor. I talked to the lippert customer service unit and they stated that the motor is designed to carry so much weight on its frame. My second question is, do the engineers from jayco work with the engineers from lippert to ensure that the weight parameters are sufficient to not over stress the motor? Jayco customer service stated that the bed will hold 1000 lbs when extended which sounds sufficient. However, how much weight will the bed hold when sliding in and out of the trailer and not harm the motor? There seems to be a big difference in the weight tolerance. I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks. Frank
No, haven’t had any issues with the slide motor on my 2012 model. I always make sure my trailer is level when deploying and retracting the bed.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #5

The way you describe your slide, it sounds like the type of slide I have on my 2016 X254. It handles a king bed that slides out just over five feet over the rear bumper of my TT. I was told by the dealer that it would hold 1,200# extended but only 200# when retracted.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

This makes a lots of sense.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
The way you describe your slide, it sounds like the type of slide I have on my 2016 X254. It handles a king bed that slides out just over five feet over the rear bumper of my TT. I was told by the dealer that it would hold 1,200# extended but only 200# when retracted.
There is a label on the wall of our, if I remember correctly its 1000lbs extended or retracted but only 200lbs while moving (I assume that means motor moving the slide, not trailer moving).

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmitchell View Post
There is a label on the wall of our, if I remember correctly its 1000lbs extended or retracted but only 200lbs while moving (I assume that means motor moving the slide, not trailer moving).
I have not seen such a label but you got me thinking that I'll need to look closer at my TT.

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
I have not seen such a label but you got me thinking that I'll need to look closer at my TT.
Honestly I overlooked it for a long time before I noticed.

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #10

I remember in 2010 when we was really interested in the X213 they really had a problem with the slide staying level when moving in and out and also had a weak motor. This all got corrected with the 2010 models... The rear of the slide would drop down and when it was pulled back in it would tear up the upholstery on the table seats and the couch.. When you looked at it it was very noticeable on the rear slide drooping down when extended...

Of course I imagine all of them including the newer ones today will eventually have problems with the massive rear door seals, That is one big door to deal with haha... I would really do the required maintenance on the seals for sure...

Hope you find out what your problems are...

WE really liked the concept but in the end never got it... Since there is only the two of us we came with plans to make the front "bycycle room" into a small storage area just inside the outside door and the rest of it with the bunks removed and made into a Office desk area with a hutch and small side table. This was to be for our office/computer and Ham Radio setup area ...

Would have looked something like this...

Roy's image

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #11

I'd like to know what's behind that unknown "shelf" as well.
Las Vegas, NV
LVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #12

If you search around, you can find a couple of people who have opened it up... One for access from the bed side (putting in cushions, kids toys) and another that opened it up for access from the outdoor storage..

I'm thinking of opening mine up from the storage to put in fishing rods and pool noodles (nothing too heavy).

Edit:
Found bed side access:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post420753 (post #393)

Edit2:
Outside storage accss:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...213-27399.html
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote