Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2022, 04:24 PM   #1

3 Grey water tanks

We have a 2021 330rsts with 3 grey tanks! One for the shower one for kitchen sink and one for a washer connection! I am never going to have a washer in this unit and I want to tie all the tanks together! Shower fills up and only 1/3 in kitchen grey tank and zero in washer tank! Seems like a waste of space since they won’t equalize! I wonder why they wouldn’t connect them? Has anyone attempted this by redesigning the plumbing? I’m thinking a gate valve and open all to equalize is one way!
JbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:07 AM   #2

Easiest way would be to buy a twist on gate valve. My grey#1 (of 2) would be full while grey#2 which only is connected to the kitchen sink is nearly empty. When doing this my only issue is the drains (shower and bath sink) are sluggish to drain when equalizing into #2 because my #2 tank is mounted higher as #1 is mounted lower in the drop frame section of my 5er.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Easiest way would be to buy a twist on gate valve. My grey#1 (of 2) would be full while grey#2 which only is connected to the kitchen sink is nearly empty. When doing this my only issue is the drains (shower and bath sink) are sluggish to drain when equalizing into #2 because my #2 tank is mounted higher as #1 is mounted lower in the drop frame section of my 5er.
I m not sure how they connect either! It seems to me they would start higher like a spill way and have them overflow to the next in line as they fill! It really isn’t a problem until we stay a few days at a corp lake with no dump at the sites! Looking ahead for future trips! Thanks
JbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:45 PM   #4

I'm wondering the same thing.
1955Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:15 AM   #5

If you do this mod, please post your results. I too will never use the washer tank, but luckily can drip off my shower gray with a long hose.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 11:10 AM   #6

The easiest way is to do a test with clean water by opening all your grey tank valves and installing valve at the cap. Run water into your tank that fills the fastest , ie shower, then be sure to monitor closely, dont want a flood
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote