Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2023, 05:39 AM   #1

Another BMPRO idiosyncrazy?

Yesterday the camper stopped connecting via the cloud as it will do from time to time. This can be caused by bad internet connection, dropped Jaycommand app, where the screen goes to the google default page on its own and you have to manually restart it, and google itself if I am explaining myself correctly. I have noticed sometimes, when at home on the computer and logging in to a site where it asks if you want to login using google using their prompts, I find that this process will also show itself on the tablet screen in the camper and overriding the Jaycommand, and hence no connection. Solution is to swipe the page off and restart the app. No big issues, but inconvenient. Yesterday, we stopped communicating again after a few good days. I keep 3 small portable heaters that I turn on/off based on temperatures for the day, my version of winterizing, so I like for the connection to work as it should. This time I found the app was on, dimmed somewhat with a google message that the firmware had been updated. That was nice since I was not aware this function is now automatic. Swiping the message of, and we are back to normal.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Just wait until ID replaces you?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:47 PM   #3

I hate this BMPRO so bad I want to rip it out of the wall sometime on my next RV I going to make sure that it don't have the BMPRO system.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Just wait until ID replaces you?

Lol
Old 01-01-2024, 10:28 AM   #5

My new battery arrives later this week. I'm thinking I need to put it on a recurring yearly schedule on Amazon. If it wasn't for the fact the rest of my Pinnacle has been so good I would seriously consider trading it for something with old fashioned buttons and switches.

I have a friend who has a a Coach House class C with a Firefly system. He had been unable to open his slide for over 9 months while they tried to figure what was wrong. It finally got fixed but he's afraid to use it. Firefly is the only way it will operate and Coach House has since discontinued using it. He get's a new Firefly-less class C in a few months.

Entegra also uses Firefly and another friend has a class A with it. It was doing crazy things so they sent him a new tablet. Now when he tries to open a slide it turns on the furnace. They are shopping.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
My new battery arrives later this week. I'm thinking I need to put it on a recurring yearly schedule on Amazon. If it wasn't for the fact the rest of my Pinnacle has been so good I would seriously consider trading it for something with old fashioned buttons and switches.

I have a friend who has a a Coach House class C with a Firefly system. He had been unable to open his slide for over 9 months while they tried to figure what was wrong. It finally got fixed but he's afraid to use it. Firefly is the only way it will operate and Coach House has since discontinued using it. He get's a new Firefly-less class C in a few months.

Entegra also uses Firefly and another friend has a class A with it. It was doing crazy things so they sent him a new tablet. Now when he tries to open a slide it turns on the furnace. They are shopping.

Agreed. The system actually works very well, except for the crazy battery issues. It sound like that Firefly system is a nightmare. We were at the Tampa show last year, and I don't think I saw a nice 5th wheel/class A and such campers with manual buttons. They all had their own version of what we have. I have installed 3 of the BMPRO propane tank sensors in our camper, and they were a breeze to program in. If what we are reading about the new tablets not using batteries, then the system may have finally matured.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Yesterday the camper stopped connecting via the cloud as it will do from time to time. This can be caused by bad internet connection, dropped Jaycommand app, where the screen goes to the google default page on its own and you have to manually restart it, and google itself if I am explaining myself correctly. I have noticed sometimes, when at home on the computer and logging in to a site where it asks if you want to login using google using their prompts, I find that this process will also show itself on the tablet screen in the camper and overriding the Jaycommand, and hence no connection. Solution is to swipe the page off and restart the app. No big issues, but inconvenient. Yesterday, we stopped communicating again after a few good days. I keep 3 small portable heaters that I turn on/off based on temperatures for the day, my version of winterizing, so I like for the connection to work as it should. This time I found the app was on, dimmed somewhat with a google message that the firmware had been updated. That was nice since I was not aware this function is now automatic. Swiping the message of, and we are back to normal.
same here...automatic update. Also updates available for the phone app.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:49 PM   #8

Quote:

I feel the same way.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:07 PM   #9

google voice typing on the controller

Has anyone that had an update pushed through to their controller recently noticed a change from the manual entry using a keyboard to the stupid Google Assistant using the voice typing feature?
I reinstalled my tablet yesterday since we had to move the rig. Somehow between last summer and now, it has prioritized the voice typing and I can't disable it. It keeps freezing up on the password page so I can't log into my google account to turn it off and more importantly, can't get into the cloud account.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:13 PM   #10

had the same issue, found the setting to turn off by googling it:

Turn Assistant voice typing on or off

On your phone or tablet, open any app that you can type with, like Messages or Gmail.

Tap where you can enter text.

At the top of the keyboard, tap Settings. Voice typing.

Turn Assistant voice typing on or off.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:25 PM   #11

I'll look for that tomorrow, thanks. I did google how to disable it, but the steps offered did not match up with my options. On another page, it would allow me to change the language, but the toggle to turn it off was grayed out/not active. It took me 15 minutes of "voice typing" to enter my email address because it could not make the distinction between "c" and "see", nevermind adding spaces where none were specified.
Old 02-17-2024, 11:43 AM   #12
kaj

BMPro and Power

Does anyone know if the BMPro is wired directly to the battery or through the battery disconnect switch? I heard the BMPro and CO monitor were wired direct and always powered regardless of disconnect switch position. I would look, but pinnacle is on service lot a few miles away.

Thanks,
kaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 02:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj View Post
Does anyone know if the BMPro is wired directly to the battery or through the battery disconnect switch? I heard the BMPro and CO monitor were wired direct and always powered regardless of disconnect switch position. I would look, but pinnacle is on service lot a few miles away.

Thanks,
I don't know if this answers your question, but BMPro said to turn on the battery disconnect while staying on shore power before removing the controller for winter storage. We have a 2021/22 Eagle TT.

Per BMPro
Recommended Practices for when RV is not in use for extended periods of time:

A) Leave RV on shore power with battery disconnect on.

B) Remove controller from RV wall and store indoors in a controlled climate.

Things not to do:

A) Removing the android tablet from the controller housing.

After reinstalling the controller on the wall it could take a couple hours for the controller to turn on.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:46 PM   #14

Quote:

What kind of battery do it take do you have the number?
Old 02-26-2024, 10:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
What kind of battery do it take do you have the number?
3.7V 2500mAh 385677 lipo battery

It is smaller than the original but it is the same voltage.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 11:57 PM   #16

Got it thanks, and not that I don't need it now but I like to be prepared.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:36 AM   #17

As we shop for a new rig I continue to follow this topic about all the electronic stuff that is basically required to operate your rv. Of course I understand that electronics and upgrades in the electronic industry change with the speed of light. In the marine industry engines went from simple injector and manual fuel pump and a full filter to electronic fuel pumps that has the risk to go out and shut your engines down at the worse of times.

There was a multi million dollar sportfishing yacht fishing offshore and encountered a really bad lightning and thunder storm and experienced a complete shut down by the lightning . It was rendered useless in stormy seas had to be towed in from around 60 miles offshore.

Of course to get it back up and running they had to find a mechanic experienced with the electronics and then find parts that was now three years old. The expense and downtime is just not an acceptable alternative after years of fixing crap under the idea that the consumer is better off with all these new fangled electronic features. There are just some things thats better off to be left alone, beginning with mechanical and essential items for the basic needs for your comfort. Rocker switches in particular rules the day for me anyway.

While I understand that there are some good features, mainly if you leave your animals inside of your unit as you are away and an monitor your power, this is all dependent upon having a form of cell service and internet. Out west this is not always possible unless you have all the expensive remote internet providers. Boondocking for some of simple folks rule the day in some of the most remote reasons and one of the reasons we rv with self contained facilities.

Its hard to upgrade when you only have the electronic feature to operate your rv.