Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #11

Your picture didn't attach.

Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
The great thing about the way this is architected is you can come up with a lot of "hybrid" solutions for TV. The simplest is to leave the jumper in place. When you do this you've connected the external connector to the "primary" wall plate (the one on the right in the picture above). Here's how you connect in this scenario:

1. Attach park cable to exterior connector
2. Connect cable from the primary wall plate (one on right) to the TV connector.

To operate:

1. For park cable, depress the button on primary wall plate until the indicator light is OFF.
2. Scan for channels on your TV.
3. Grab drink of choice and enjoy.

4. For Antenna, depress the button until the indicator light is ON
5. Scan for channels on your TV
6. Grab drink of choice and enjoy
Doesn't work for me. I am using a SWM ODU only device. It needs the satellite receiver connected to the "Power to SWM" side. I have the receiver connected to the "Signal to IRD" side. I attached the satellite antenna cable to the outside connector of the camper, I left the jumper in between the "A" and "B" connectors, and I attached a coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device. I get an indicator that I have no connection to the satellite antenna.

If I remove the coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device and "home run" the satellite cable to the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device then I get an indicator that the satellite antenna is connected.

I am left to wonder just where the external antenna connection can be found. Maybe I will forever have to "home run" the cable through a camper window!

RLCWHITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCWHITEHAWK View Post
Doesn't work for me. I am using a SWM ODU only device. It needs the satellite receiver connected to the "Power to SWM" side. I have the receiver connected to the "Signal to IRD" side. I attached the satellite antenna cable to the outside connector of the camper, I left the jumper in between the "A" and "B" connectors, and I attached a coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device. I get an indicator that I have no connection to the satellite antenna.

If I remove the coax between the box pictured on the right and the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device and "home run" the satellite cable to the "Power to SWM" side of the SWM ODU device then I get an indicator that the satellite antenna is connected.

I am left to wonder just where the external antenna connection can be found. Maybe I will forever have to "home run" the cable through a camper window!
you haven't mentioned what model trailer you have. First thing you should do is add your equipment in your signature so people can better help. sounds like you have the 'swift " line of campers and I do not believe they have an external jack for Coax....many mods on here adding it. I believe all other product lines have a connection on the road side
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #14

I don't know what the Direct terms are. In short, if you have an external connector AND the A / B plate (with the jumper between them), the A terminal on the plate is a direct line to the external jack on the camper without any splitters and is RG6. The external satellite components connect to the external jack and the internal components of the satellite to the A port on the A / B plate.
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #15

Drew

I am trying to hook my portable Satellite up through the outside cable/satellite to the inside of the coach behind the tv sat 1 and sat 2. I am reading that i need to detatch the jumper between sat 1 and sat 2. I have a stupid ? Where is the jumper? I am attaching photos of the plates. I have a 2013 Jayco Redhawk. Any help much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Jaycodrew92508 is offline   Reply With Quote