Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,069
Wobbly electric jack, 2015 Jayco

Second trip out in the camper this weekend, I noticed that the jack is very wobbly. Without the stab jacks down, I can easily move the trailer side to side. Are they all like this, or is something wrong with mine? My old trailer with a manual jack didn't have any side to side movement with the jack down.
__________________

spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tnchuck100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sparta, TN
Posts: 1,174
"2015 Jayco" doesn't give us much to work with. Depending on what model you have a pair of X-Chocks can reduce the wobble dramatically.
__________________

__________________
Chuck - Sparta, TN
2012 Jay Flight 22FB, 2 x Honda EU2000i
2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Second trip out in the camper this weekend, I noticed that the jack is very wobbly. Without the stab jacks down, I can easily move the trailer side to side. Are they all like this, or is something wrong with mine? My old trailer with a manual jack didn't have any side to side movement with the jack down.
My new Jayco is my first real experience with an electric jack. Virtually all the trailers I delivered (years ago) for Jayco were all manual jacks. IMO, there is no difference in the side to side 'wobble' between the two different types.

Check where your jack is bolted to the tongue, both when hitched and unhitched, to be sure it is fastened securely.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Murff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 2,117
You might put ome extra support under the jack so ir isn't extended to it's maximum. You can buy a stand or do what many do and use an 8 x 8 block of wood or bigger.

Murff
__________________
Murff
2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnchuck100 View Post
"2015 Jayco" doesn't give us much to work with. Depending on what model you have a pair of X-Chocks can reduce the wobble dramatically.
I don't think its model specific, I wanted to hear from anyone with an electric jack to see if they had side to side wobble/wiggle.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Check where your jack is bolted to the tongue, both when hitched and unhitched, to be sure it is fastened securely.
That is a good thought, thanks.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
You might put ome extra support under the jack so ir isn't extended to it's maximum. You can buy a stand or do what many do and use an 8 x 8 block of wood or bigger.

Murff
I originally thought it was due to over extension. I have about 6 2x8 sections underneath, so about 10" less extension. Still no (or very minimal) change.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Paintinfool3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,272
I built a stand for mine that the jack goes down into and I can adjust it according to the height I need but if it isn't chocked you got a lot of weight slingin around there. x chocks this year made a huge difference ;ast year I was using homemade until I saw a pair of x chocks and the cross bracing on them
Attached Thumbnails
tongue jackstand.jpg  
__________________

__________________
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.