Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #31

I chased a problem similar to this on an older (2008) Kz Rock Climber TT....

The main gas line was Black Iron and coming off the Tee's to each appliance was a Copper line going up through the floor.

Believe it or not, the problem was the lines to the fridge and stove both had "just enough" water in them so that when I would turn fridge on Gas, the flow was just enough to push the water towards the fridge but not enough to block flow to it. Then and only then would the stove light. When I'd turn the fridge off, the water the flow had been pushing towards the fridge was held back due to the existing flow through the stove - but as soon as I'd turn a burner off, the flow would drop to the stove allowing the water to move just a bit mor towards the stove and thus, block future flow until I started the fridge on gas again.

I know, sounds impossible, but as soon as I drained the water from the fridge and stove lines, both worked flawlessly for the next 3 years.

The newer rubber hose units shouldn't collect as much water - but condensation happens when there's just air in it and not pressured with propane. Who knows how much collected in the system while it was new and sitting on the lot.

If it were mine, I'd disconnect both the fridge and stove and run those lines back through the floor and to the ground, then put just a bit of air pressure to the line (after disconnecting the regulator from it) to verify you have no water / good flow all the way back.

White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #32

wow never would have thought of that but it makes total sense...

curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, stove