Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracto View Post
I got a shipping notification as well, but it shows up on FedEx website as two shipments. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Mine is still showing as an invalid number.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with, or can comment on, these batteries?

https://www.poweroad.com/lithium-deep-cycle-battery/

My local battery store (Polar Battery in Vancouver, BC) says they've opened them up and they all look good - they also carry ReLion, but these are a few hundred cheaper.

Here is a video from the manufacturer:

Thank you in advance!
If you are one, like me, that refuses to support Chinese made crap, go with a good American made product. I personally use 3 Battleborn 12V Batteries and really happy with the juice they supply.. I do quite a bit of boon-docking and never been upset with these batteries.. takes about 6-8 hours to charge the, off my 300W panels after a good mid day/evening use. I have them connected to a 2000W Inverter. i can run my microwave, make several cups of coffee on the Kurag maker, watch TV and stream - No problems.. To me, 3 is overkill, 2 would probably be a good setup up.. I got them, on sale for $800 a pop w/ free shipping. About the same or less then the Chinese garbage.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 04:53 AM   #23

Cannot escape the Chinese crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
If you are one, like me, that refuses to support Chinese made crap, go with a good American made product. I personally use 3 Battleborn 12V Batteries and really happy with the juice they supply.. I do quite a bit of boon-docking and never been upset with these batteries.. takes about 6-8 hours to charge the, off my 300W panels after a good mid day/evening use. I have them connected to a 2000W Inverter. i can run my microwave, make several cups of coffee on the Kurag maker, watch TV and stream - No problems.. To me, 3 is overkill, 2 would probably be a good setup up.. I got them, on sale for $800 a pop w/ free shipping. About the same or less then the Chinese garbage.

I would gaurantee that the battle born batteries use Chinese components. They may be assembled in the US but their parts are Chinese. An advantage is you are dealing with a US company that will be way easier to get support from.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I would gaurantee that the battle born batteries use Chinese components. They may be assembled in the US but their parts are Chinese. An advantage is you are dealing with a US company that will be way easier to get support from.
I challenge you do do your research on Battleborn.. You will find they do not import anything from the Communist Government.. They Build their batteries from US Made Products in Nevada. !00%. Their service is top notch, they have answered all my questions via email not links to Q&A like many of they other guys.. They even helped me design my Solar system in my RV. They are Great in my book, I'm a happy camper using their products.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #25

Wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
I challenge you do do your research on Battleborn.. You will find they do not import anything from the Communist Government.. They Build their batteries from US Made Products in Nevada. !00%. Their service is top notch, they have answered all my questions via email not links to Q&A like many of they other guys.. They even helped me design my Solar system in my RV. They are Great in my book, I'm a happy camper using their products.

Wow. Do you get a commission from battleborn for spreading misinformation?
Will Prose does a teardown of a battleborn battery. Sticker on BMS clearly states "MADE IN CHINA" And as I stated it's cells are more than likely made in China also. Do YOUR research.
Made in USA and assembled in USA are NOT the same.

https://www.google.com/search?q=battleborn+lithium+battery+teardown&clien t=ms-android-verizon&ei=-hrGYJjULZHJtQa5zYWwDQ&oq=battleborn+lithium+batter y+teardown&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMy BQgAEM0CMgUIABDNAjIFCAAQzQI6BAgAEEc6AggAOgYIABAWEB 46BQgAEIYDOgcIIRAKEKABOgUIIRCrAjoICCEQFhAdEB5QmQ1Y mitgjlBoAHABeACAAawCiAGJC5IBBzAuNy4xLjGYAQCgAQHIAQ jAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#kpvalbx=_BxvGYJetDYu6tAavqbHoDg12
Old 06-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #26

You really can't go wrong with INTERSTATE.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Sorry, battery hookup.

I've never dealt with them before, and not sure how often they offer these overstock items, or if they are older versions of the batteries. Have you ever bought from them before? I tried calling all day and kept getting voicemail. No email reply yet either.
That would be enough for me to not deal with them!

Do a search for Will Prowse and see if he has done anything on those batteries. He is about the best resource for anything battery/solar related!

Current Camper - 2019 Jayco 174BH
fisduki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Wow. Do you get a commission from battleborn for spreading misinformation?
Will Prose does a teardown of a battleborn battery. Sticker on BMS clearly states "MADE IN CHINA" And as I stated it's cells are more than likely made in China also. Do YOUR research.
Made in USA and assembled in USA are NOT the same.

https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...u6tAavqbHoDg12
I'ver done my research my friend.. and I do ignore bull-****ers' ;bye
Old 06-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #29

Challenge

Sir, I accepted YOUR challenge, provided information that you are wrong, then you call me names. Wondering why a 66 year old would resort to name calling and childish behavior. I would call out anyone when spreading incorrect information and will continue to do so, and if I was incorrect I would expect the same from others in a mature fashion.
Good day Sir...
Attached Thumbnails
China.jpg  
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
Old 06-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #30

I got my battery today from Battery Hookups. I guess they were having issues getting Fedex to pick up with a Hazmat driver.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
I got my battery today from Battery Hookups. I guess they were having issues getting Fedex to pick up with a Hazmat driver.

Good deal! It appears that they are sold out now as I don't see any listed anymore. That was a real good price for Renogy batteries. ~CA
Old 06-18-2021, 01:47 PM   #32

Mine are arriving on Monday, I grabbed two of them.

I asked the factory about mixing and matching with their other LiFePO4 batteries and they told me not to mix them up. If I'm using the 170ah don't add their 100ah into the battery bank.

Let's hope they don't discontinue the 170ah ones...
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Mine are arriving on Monday, I grabbed two of them.

I asked the factory about mixing and matching with their other LiFePO4 batteries and they told me not to mix them up. If I'm using the 170ah don't add their 100ah into the battery bank.

Let's hope they don't discontinue the 170ah ones...

I wouldn't be concerned with mixing 12v lifepo4's when doing so in parallel, but don't do so in a series circuit, which is not all that common to do anyway for RV'rs, but some people do with certain solar setups and some 24v (or higher voltage) inverters. I have a mix in my RV and haven't had any issues. Not to mention 2*170 may be all that you need anyway. ~CA
Old 06-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #34

I did receive this back from their customer service team (who have been replying within a day of my emails, by the way - they've gotten a bad rap online for customer service, but so far i have had no issues):

Quote:
Our 100ah Lithium battery has a different charging specifications since it has "smart" features. Our 170ah Lithium battery also has a different charging specification, therefore, we do not recommend connecting these batteries even in parallel.
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #35

No experience or affiliation with Battle born but found this blemish sale on another forum and thought someone here may be interested.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/prod...explorist_bb67
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote