Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #1

Satellite connection

Many Jayco models are equipped with satellite connections. These can be a little confusing to say the least, and some don't have adequate instructions on how to operate it.

If your interior connections look something like this,
Here's a short, hopefully easy to follow guide how this works.
Clickie to the Jayco TV Hookup

nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Good visual reference guide (link), I know the subject comes up often.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #3

Winegard Trav'ler control wire in Precept 31UL

I am installing a Winegard Trav'ler on my Precept 31UL. It is prewired on the roof top with coax and the 6 wire control cable. The coax is terminated in the compartment above the passenger seat BUT I cannot find the 6 wire control cable for the Trav'ler control box inside the coach.

Any idea where it is located?
tinman353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman353 View Post
I am installing a Winegard Trav'ler on my Precept 31UL. It is prewired on the roof top with coax and the 6 wire control cable. The coax is terminated in the compartment above the passenger seat BUT I cannot find the 6 wire control cable for the Trav'ler control box inside the coach.

Any idea where it is located?
welcome

you should start a new post in the motorhome section as you will get more exposure
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
welcome

you should start a new post in the motorhome section as you will get more exposure
Thx - I will do that
Old 10-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #6

I've got a question. It is kind of covered in the PDF link in the first post in this thread, but not exactly.

The Dish 211k receiver has both HDMI and RF 75 ohm coax outputs. Will it send the signal to both of those outputs at the same time? Can I watch the main living room TV on the HDMI ouput and the bedroom and basement TVs on the coax output all at the same time? I understand they would all be watching the same program.

I called Jayco this morning, and they emailed a PDF of my camper's TV wiring schematic. I am attaching that to this post.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TV schematic.pdf (67.0 KB, 823 views)
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
I've got a question. It is kind of covered in the PDF link in the first post in this thread, but not exactly.

The Dish 211k receiver has both HDMI and RF 75 ohm coax outputs. Will it send the signal to both of those outputs at the same time? Can I watch the main living room TV on the HDMI ouput and the bedroom and basement TVs on the coax output all at the same time? I understand they would all be watching the same program.

I called Jayco this morning, and they emailed a PDF of my camper's TV wiring schematic. I am attaching that to this post.

Thanks.
yes the receiver is sending a signal to all outputs at the same time
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
yes the receiver is sending a signal to all outputs at the same time
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:49 AM   #9

I left out any model specific information for the satellite receivers since they are all different. The 211K has RF out, but the 211Z does not.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
I left out any model specific information for the satellite receivers since they are all different. The 211K has RF out, but the 211Z does not.
Yes, that is what I discovered yesterday.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #11

Yes, Yes, Yes on the previous posts. I just wanted to mentioned how I added a direct input for the bedroom in my WH30DSRE. It might bring a chill to you to get out that drill with a big bit and punch it thru the wall of your new TT, but its really painless if you think before you drill. I purchased a coax input set with spring loaded outside cover and mounted it below the outside shower door. If you look under the bathroom vanity sink, you can see the location where the water lines for the fresh fill and the outside shower come thru the side of the TT. Drilling in this area will bring the coax in under the sink cabinet and can be fed into the bedroom / bath wall and fish it up to the existing wall plate for the internal coax connection. I removed the single plate and added a plate with dual connectors and reinstalled. One connection is for the internal wiring and the other is the direct sat input you added. Real neat and professional. With this set you can hook to the house wiring for a signal from the main tv/receiver or the roof ant or use the direct feed from the CG cable or your sat dish.

You'll be proud of yourself when you pull this off.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #12

Satellite

Will the 211K coax output support the bedroom TV & the outside entertainment center TV both ? That's with the HDMI supporting the living room TV ! Realizing that all would be watching the SAME channel with the dish tailgater !
WillieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieH View Post
Will the 211K coax output support the bedroom TV & the outside entertainment center TV both ? That's with the HDMI supporting the living room TV ! Realizing that all would be watching the SAME channel with the dish tailgater !
Yes that should work, but you will need a coax splitter in the back. Then drop a cable down behind the drawers from the bedroom tv to the outside tv.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM   #14

HDMI Splitters

Will the 211K dish receiver support all three TV's in the Jayco precept 31ul by using only HDMI output port and HDMI splitters ? Realizing the same channel would be on all three TV's ! I'm wondering if that would be better than using the combination of HDMI and the coaxial cable ? Thanks to tinman for your input !
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #15

Thanks tinman353 and please see next post !
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #16

Satellite dish recommendation

What kind of dish do I need for a HD Directv receiver? I want HD in the trailer but there seems to be 2 types of Directv dishes. SWiM and not.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #17

Well... I purchased a second hand Pathway X2 system with a VIP211Z for use in my 2015 Greyhawk 31FS. I don't know if it's right or wrong but I most certainly don't have the setup of connection described and shown in the pictures in this thread. I have a single dual outlet that also has the TV Antenna amplifier control. I thought I'd be able to run the Pathway to the outside coax input and then hook up the inside connection that states that it is for Aux/Sat, but no matter what I tried I get no signal from the satellite and it won't even power up the dish.
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #18

If you purchased a second hand pathway, I would hook it up straight to a TV and make sure if is even working before trying to hook it in to your Greyhawk. Could have a bad Pathway. If that works, then start trying different things on your Greyhawk.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #19

Been there done that and it's already activated. (Was a great deal by the way... Folks had upgraded to a DP with built-in inmotion and we're getting too old to lug the pathway around. $180 for the dish, receiver, remote, and they even had the digital OTA adapter)

Every time I try to wire it through the outside coax jack... I get the "there was a problem detected with your switch"-crud. If I run a coax out the door to the dish it works fine. Like I said...the coax jacks in mine look nothing like the pictures here. There's a dual coax jack labeled for roof satellite and then another one that has dual jacks, one labeled "aux/satellite" and the other labeled "TV" (This is the powered jack by the way)
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #20

Wish I could help you, my dealer couldn't help me and referred me to a retail installation dealer ! Cost me a couple hundred but they have mine working great !